INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Feature request: cover art location  (Read 1021 times)

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
Feature request: cover art location
« on: April 15, 2004, 09:18:26 pm »

I store cover art images in the same folder with music files (base path\Artist\Album). When ripping music MC stores downloaded image files in the Track Images Location. So I have to move those images afterwards and re-associate them with music files.

I even tried to combine the default image path with a MC rule and wrote "e:\music\[Artist]\[Album]" in Track Images Location, but obviously it didn't work. MC actually made a path named "e:\music\[Artist]\[Album]" and stored images there.

So could it be possible to have an option to store downloaded cover art images in the music folder? E.g. base path\[artist]\[album].

It would also be nice if one could see and edit the full path of the current image. That option could be in Image>Add From File.

Currently the only place to find that information is in "Tag Info / Extended / Image File" and it's not editable. Besides, it is often truncated with ...  if the path is long.

If the image file path could be a regular editable tag, then the "Find & Replace" operation for it should be relatively easy to accomplish. (That was requested in the thread: Another Plea to be able to automatically move Cover Art.)
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755
Pages: [1]   Go Up