INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: iPod problems  (Read 659 times)

ForsakenArdor

• Junior Woodchuck
  • I hate Jay Leno.
iPod problems
« on: April 16, 2004, 03:57:44 am »

During a sync with my iPod, songs that have new or different ratings are deleted.  Since I import the songs from the iPod after I upload them, I get an error message saying that it can't upload the songs (because they were just deleted).  I really don't like the delete and then upload method of updating ratings in MC.  I don't know if it will ever be implemented to have more compatibility with having the library located on the iPod instead of the hard drive.  It would just make more sense to me to do that since the iPod updates play counts and you can rate songs.  I prefer to listen to a song before I rate it, and it's just unrealistic to listen to every song in MC instead of when I'm out and using the iPod.  Would be nice that the ratings would simply get modified in the library instead of deleting files and then uploading them.  I really don't understand why it has to be done that way.

RSansouci

• Change this by choosing profile
iPod problems
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2004, 08:50:27 am »

I am a long time user of Media Jukebox - which I love. I bought an iPod and couldn't seem to get it to work with Media Jukebox.  Media Center was advertised as working with iPod so I thought I would try it out.  When I installed it, it eliminated all my Media Jukebox files, icons etc. and now I can't get back to my old favorite.  Media Center seems to have some problems running on my laptop (songs just stop in the middle for no apparent reason) and I want to use Media Jukebox like I used to.  Any suggestions?

SteveG

• Citizen of the Universe
iPod problems
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2004, 08:59:19 am »

ForsakenArdor,

What firmware do you have on iPod? If pre 2.1, your problem will be solved in tonight's build. If 2.1, if you change a rating on iPod and you have 'Sync data to MC' checked the change on iPod will transfer to MC. If you change a rating in MC and the file is on iPod, the file will be resent to make the files in iPod sync with the data in MC. Reimporting the songs into MC after transfering them to iPod is a bad idea. I do not see the need to do this. Can you clarify what firmware you have and I can advise from there.

Steve
Pages: [1]   Go Up