INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: iRiver Issues  (Read 14570 times)

scales

• Change this by choosing profile
Re:iRiver Issues
« Reply #50 on: August 19, 2004, 02:52:17 am »

I dont think the locking up is a firmware issue as it happens in 98 but not XP, its probably 98 waiting for the device to finish without multitasking which is causing the problem - if anything its the device drivers for 98 thats the issue there.

Well I've checked and the folders that aren't working have averaged length filenames and paths compared with the folders that are working, so I dont think thats the problem...

:(

ph_bradley

• World Citizen
  • Shagadelic Baby!!
« Reply #51 on: September 03, 2004, 03:52:58 pm »

new firmware (1.60) is out!!! download here:
http://www.iriver.com/down/iriver_pds/H120eu-V160.zip

also, new ihp manager:
http://www.iriver.com/down/iriver_pds/HManager1.70.zip

download + install now!
Welcome to flipmode

i_see_monsters

• Stop posing and kill someone!
« Reply #52 on: September 06, 2004, 08:43:31 am »

Hi there,

I've been experiencing the same problem as Ryan, and unless I've misunderstood the replies, nothing so far has helped me resolve it.

I also found that the contents of certain folders wouldn't play. Rather, the player just pauses for a second or so and then tries the next track until one successfully plays.

For examples, two mp3's on my H-140 ripped on seperate occasions using different software:

[IHP-140]:\Artist O-P\OutKast\SpeakerboxxxThe Love Below\07 Hey Ya!.mp3
[IHP-140]:\Artist W-X\Weezer\Weezer (The Blue Album)\Buddy Holly.mp3

both of which fail to play... and in comparison a file which DOES play but has significantly longer folder names:

[IHP-140]:\Artist O-P\Oasis\(What's the Story) Morning Glory\Don_t Look
Back In Anger.mp3

I attempted editing the folder names to something much shorter with no joy. I even tried copying the bad mp3's onto the root but they still wouldn't play. Something else I discovered which suggests the folder names are not the source of the problem was that I found if I copied one of the mp3's that DID play into a folder containing ones that DIDN'T, the working file would still play regardless!

So what gives?? All my mp3's, bar a few, were ripped using the same standards and using the same software, but some play and some do not. What do I have to edit to get them all working?

?

Also I should mention that I have the most recent firmware (1.60).

Any help would be very much appreciated!

Ta,

Mark

i_see_monsters

• Stop posing and kill someone!
« Reply #53 on: September 06, 2004, 06:53:46 pm »

Hello again...

I just thought I'd let you know that I managed to solve the problems with getting all the mp3's to play. Well, I say "solved"... I don't know WHY this worked but it did... maybe someone else can explain.

I was routinely renaming my mp3's using MediaMonkey, so that all the files had the track number at the start so that I could play albums under the folder tree and the tracks would play in the correct order... I wasn't moving or renaming any folders.

Lo and behold, MediaMonkey having kinda "recreated" the filename and/or folders meant that the files which used to just be skipped play perfectly! So, if anything I have INCREASED the ID tag length rather than trim them... I don't understand it, I just know it worked! :)

I should also mention that I discovered once I'd upgraded the firmware to 1.60, that most of my mp3's tags would not be displayed when played. I also fixed this with MediaMonkey by using it's "Advanced Tag Management -> Clean ID3v1 and v2 Tags..." function and then recreating them by performing the "Synchronize Tags..." function.

I'm wondering how these errors got embedded in my folder tree, considering as I said, that I have not changed the tree structure in anyway, the only change I made was to lengthen the filenames by 3 characters each!

Anyway, I hope this helps anyone out there who also had this extremely frustrating problem.

Mark

pank2002

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #54 on: September 12, 2004, 06:37:16 am »

request:
Better support for the new iRiver ifp players (700, 800.)
They show up in MC under devices but one can't see the files on it. It's not possible to see the folde-structure either. It would be really cool to be able to sync via MC as the iRiver softwear sucks big times! Also, I remeber that once upon a time one were able to select to order files in folders of 'artist - album\ track# - Name' but I can't find this anymore. Was it removed somewhere along the lines in MC11? If that's the case, will it return?

Some boring facts:
My player is an iRiver iFP-790T w/firmware v1.25 - I've tried with v1.20 too, though
I use Media Center 11 build 78 (w/licence)
I have the following handheld plugins installed:
  • Portable Drives v11.0.6
  • WMDM v11.0.01
Thanks in advance,
Rasmus
Music is life... the rest is details.
Here is a security related website: secubi.dk

SteveG

« Reply #55 on: September 13, 2004, 08:46:09 am »

Rasmus,

Please get try with the latest version 11.0.81.  Which player do you have? Is it detected by the PC as a fixed or removable drive?

Steve

pank2002

« Reply #56 on: September 13, 2004, 09:12:50 am »

Rasmus,

Please get try with the latest version 11.0.81.  Which player do you have? Is it detected by the PC as a fixed or removable drive?

Steve

Hey Steve,
I have the iriver ifp-790 (256mb.) It does not show up as a drive, but I guess it's WMDM compatible as it's supported by the new MS Media Player -- well they sell it through their store so I guess it's supported by WMP.

Thigs should be better when those darn iRiver softwear engineers get an UMS firmware togeter, and get fixed the other problems.

I'll check with a newer version when I get home from practice.

-Rasmus

pank2002

« Reply #57 on: September 13, 2004, 01:06:33 pm »

okay, with MC11 build 81 the situation is as following:
- I can see files in the root folder of the player but I cannot see files in other folders (i.e. Root\Led Zeppeling - II\04 - Thank You)
- MC does not read tags but only file names after trasfer. It seems like the album tag is deleted during trasfer, at least I wasn't able to see it after trasfer. This is a fact though.
- I'm not able to have MC create folder according to tags. I.e. if I were to trasfer Led Zeppeling II I would like to create the structure as Led Zeppelin - II\01 - Whole lotta love; Led Zeppelin - II\02 - What Is And What Should Never Be... you get the picture.
  I remeber this option was once avalibe at least for the iHPs (correct me if I'm wrong.)

Thanks,
Rasmus

SteveG

« Reply #58 on: September 13, 2004, 03:41:36 pm »

Rasmus,

If your iRiver does not appear to your PC as a removable or fixed drive, the only access we have to it is via the WMDM interface which has the limitations you have noticed (i.e no folder support, lack of full tag support). If you run WMP you should see similar behavior.

Steve

pank2002

« Reply #59 on: September 30, 2004, 10:49:15 am »

Steve,
iRiver have releashed a UMS firmware -- meaning the ifp's shows up as removeable drives, which is good.

Now how do I get around syncing with Media Center. I want MC to create folder structes the same way as one would do when buring cds IE 'artist - album\track# - Name'. I know that one could do it with MC earlier but I can't seem to find out how to do it with MC11. I'm using the sync playlist functions located in the action view.

Also, is there a way to set a limit for how many files can have a desired tag? I'm using an 'include' view scheme for the iFP, which is reflected in a smart list where only files with the include tag is included, but I can I somehow add it to the view schreme too? I'm not sure I'm very clear :)

Thansk,
Rasmus

SteveG

« Reply #60 on: October 01, 2004, 01:53:09 pm »

Rasmus,

The next build of MC (which will be next week) will include a few changes which will help you. First, for any removable drive type players, MC will include the options that used to be present such  as creating folder structures. Along with that, there will be support for m3u playlists for players that support them. Finallly, if players support m3u playlists and require a specific folder path for playlists, if, in the next build, you go to 'File->OpenURL' and type 'Showdeviceid', when you click on the device MC will display a unique name that is retrieved from the device. If any user sends me the name and the path for playlists that is required, I can modify MC to automatically handle playlist creation to that folder.

I hope this helps.

Also, is there a way to set a limit for how many files can have a desired tag? I'm using an 'include' view scheme for the iFP, which is reflected in a smart list where only files with the include tag is included, but I can I somehow add it to the view schreme too? I'm not sure I'm very clear

I am not sure I follow, can you post this out on the main board? Depending on what you are after, you could create a rule that checks for a particular tag item and then limit the rule by a set number of files.

Steve
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up