INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 10.0.119 Available  (Read 3271 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 10.0.119 Available
« on: April 21, 2004, 05:06:47 pm »

PLEASE USE THIS THREAD TO REPORT BUGS.  If you're not sure whether it's a bug, or you need to ask a question, please start a new thread.  

IF YOU DON'T SEE YOUR POST HERE, see the index for the board.  Posts that ask questions or start discussions will usually be moved.

The latest version of MC10 is here: ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter100119.exe

PRICE and UPGRADE info is here:
http://www.musicex.com/mediacenter/purchase.html

10.0.119 (4/21/04)

1. Fixed: MC better handles OGG files with bad frames in them.
2. Changed: Some Theater View skin components shared between skins.
3. Fixed: TV display would be hidden after going to Theater View and returning.
4. Fixed: Find CD and ArtistInfo pages did not work correctly.
5. NEW: Added "Create Missing" button to Options > Tree & View > Thumbnails.
6. Changed: Snapping windows (windowed display, Winamp 2.x skins, etc.) better handle multi-monitor setups.

Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Markeau

• Galactic Citizen
Re:Media Center 10.0.119 Available
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2004, 05:27:46 pm »

[[[[After copying 1000 files plus some playlists to Creative Zen Xtra 60gb, then deleting the files but not the playlists, then tying to sync the same playlists - MC gives message saying there are duplicate files and if you want to continue.  [NOTE that all the files were deleted using MC and so it should not find any dupes.]  Answer YES and MC locks up, must kill it in Task Manager.****NOTE>>  I reinstalled MC and it still gives the same dupe message (which must be valid) but does not lockup now.]]]]

Also, need a way to delete multiple Playlists on handheld in one operation.  Had to delete each playlist on device manually using MC, but there are 4 that I tried to delete but they still show in MC but they do not exist on device.

Also, need a Handheld Options config tool where you can preset the ability to Skip, Replace, etc, tracks if they are already on the Handheld.  Otherwise, if you leave a long sync operation (ie, 5hrs) and it finds dupes the popup dialog keeps the sync from completing which is a BIG problem.

When syncing tracks to handheld the Cancel button does not stop the sync, in fact the entire MC window is unresponsive.

edbro

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2004, 06:16:17 pm »

Can now play previously unplayable ogg files.  :)

Still have a problem with files getting corrupted during Analyze for Replay Gain. It sometimes stops and says the file is corrupt. When I look at the file I see that the filename has been changed. For example; REM's "01-Man on the Moon.mp3" choked MC during the analyze process and I noticed the filename got changed to "01-MAN~1.MP3" But, the file did play properly in MC.

It happenened just now with another file. Song named "13 Stand.mp3" choked MC and the filename was left as "13-STA~1.MP3". ?

---------------
Followup:
The analyze process has now trashed 14 filenames out of 376. The analyze process is working on these files in that it gets all the way to 100% and writes the file tag info. But, it is having problems closing the files. That is when it rewrites the filenames in the format listed above.  I'm getting tired of having to rewrite the filenames of all these files. Luckily, the tag info is there so I can see what the song names are to help rewrite the filenames.

Oh, let me repeat...the files play fine in MC, even after the filename gets trashed. And, the tag info is there, even with the new replay gain data.

------------
Here is what I'm getting:

and here is the file in Explorer:

Chris Shaw

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2004, 08:04:06 pm »

Brilliant. Thanks for this. Could it be extended to generate Theater View icons as well?

BUG: Theatre view ignores non alphabetic album sorting. My sorting goes
Artist
Date(Year)
Album
Track #
So selecting an artist and pressing return in Mega-Me plays all their albums in chronological order.
Selecting the same artist in Theatre View and pressing Space plays the albums in alphabetical order. This happens even if I put a Year level in before Album.

BUG: Vis Studio - Cover art doesn't always change if OnEquation is set to something complicated. See this thread
This bug has existed since 8.0. Since I can't have a static image on my plasma (burn-in), and I can't animate cover art around the screen, I can't use cover art at all in my visualisations. Is there any chance of getting this fixed?

BUG: If I open a SWF file as a URL e.g.
http://www.weebl.jolt.co.uk/comics/pie.swf
it plays OK in MC, using Realplayer apparently. If I download the same SWF for offline play or faster loading, it plays fine in Real or IE but MC won't import or play it.

BUG: Also, aspect ratio control doesn't work for some Divx AVI's. This one for example
http://www.fen-net.de/walter.preiss/speedivx/glas2.avi
I'm playing back with the latest Divx 5.11 codec

Markeau

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2004, 08:39:05 pm »

Since the Cancel button does not work when sync'ing to handheld had to End Task with Task Manager.  Now when trying to start MC get a dialog:

Server Busy:
The action cannot be completed because the other program is busy. Choose 'Switch To' to activate the busy program anc correct the problem

... but Switch To does nothing, neither does retry, they both just throw that same dialog back up.  Reboot does not help.  Cannot start MC at all.

UPDATE:  This is a HUGE problem for me.  I reinstalled which let me get back into MC again. But when trying to re-sync to the Zen Xtra the file copying was extremely slow, so I tried to press Cancel again which did not work again.  Had to right-click MC on the task bar and select Close, but when trying to restart MC I get the same message as above.  While you guys try to fix this, is there a lock file or something that can be removed to fix this so I can continue to work with MC?  

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2004, 09:42:20 pm »

Brilliant. Thanks for this. Could it be extended to generate Theater View icons as well?

Theater View and Standard View share thumbnails.

However, there are different size thumbnails.  Theater View normally uses the large ones.

To build the large thumbnails, select "Extra Large" for the thumbnail size and then do a "Create Missing."
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

ForsakenArdor

• Junior Woodchuck
  • I hate Jay Leno.
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2004, 02:01:54 am »

Rating changes on an iPod aren't reflected in MC like they used to.  I don't know if I can reproduce this, but first, I upload songs to the iPod, then I import to the library using the iPod as the source with subfolders.  Then I synchronize to put my smartlists on.  I have the smartlist for unrated songs; I go through the list and listen to each one and rate it accordingly.  After that, when I try to synchronize, MC deletes all the songs with the changed ratings and then it gives an error about not being able to find the files it just deleted.  Going further, I reupload the songs that were deleted (I started testing using only one song with a rating change so there's less to re-upload).  I restore a backup library that just has the smartlists already made but nothing imported yet.  Then I import again.  And no matter how many times I sync, rate, sync, rerate, every time I rate a song then try to sync that change within MC (sync data to MC is always checked) the rating is reset to have no rating.  

Everything was working fine for me at least a month ago, before problems erupted about the database being corrupted or having all songs and smartlists visible in MC10 but not in the iPod.  I'm really unsure of the build because there were so many, but I'm pretty sure it was just before tag altering through the iPod database screen was disabled.  If MC10 doesn't seem to be going where someone like me would want it to go, can you let me know that version of MC10 and let me download it somewhere?  Everything worked brilliantly before, mostly.  Cleared the library every time I uploaded new files, reimported, synced, synced again whenever I changed ratings.  I only occasionally had a problem with file duplicates showing up and I'd happily trade that problem with this.

rolf_eigenheer

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2004, 03:51:13 am »

With with the last 3 releases, MC10 had some problems with large databases.

My Database contains:
95'000 Songs
38'000 Images
350 Videos

Setting the focus to the playlist entry took minutes in MC9. Accidently placing the focus on it froze the system - for a long time.  So I had to delete the AutoSmartlist entries. This was a good fix for me.
Now with the MC10 any smartlist containing thousends of images (Lib imported from MC9) will freeze MC. After 20 Minutes I usually kill the task.

Another problem with large Libraries seems to be fixed now. Adding a rule for a field with many different Records (for example Filename) took up to minutes in MC9

cascius

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2004, 04:04:49 am »

My Database contains:
95'000 Songs
38'000 Images
350 Videos

I know this is OT, but holly @#$%, you're sure you got enough media on your comp? lol

Sauzee

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2004, 04:49:19 am »

Setting the focus to the playlist entry took minutes in MC9. Accidentally placing the focus on it froze the system - for a long time.

This is a problem for me too.

I often  click the top level of the playlist group and have to wait ages.

I'd suggest that clicking on the top level shouldn't set MC off to calculate all the entries under all the playlists.  

Not just because of the wait, but because it seems a pointless exercise.

Monkeyboy

• World Citizen
  • I'm a Monkey
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2004, 09:48:09 am »

another reference to Media Jukebox
If you goto help > registration info, then click "for further information,please see the FAQ" it directs you to the media jukebox FAQ page not the Media Center one.
Rich

SteveG

« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2004, 10:46:24 am »

SteveG

« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2004, 11:13:15 am »

gpvillamil

• Listen to the music...
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2004, 11:55:36 am »

Still getting the weird "huge window on restore bug". When going from maximized to restored size, the window seems to be about twice the size of the screen (ie extends off screen to the bottom and right).

Very difficult to resize it since some MC skins don't have a "handle" in the top left corner...

Media Center Registered 10.0.116 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows XP 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
Intel Unknown 382 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 654 MB, Free - 392 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1400 / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1233 (xpsp2.030604-1804) / wnaspi32.dll: 4.71 (0002) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-2002 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: 4.71 (0002)

Ripping /   Drive D:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive D: MATSHITA UJDA740 DVD/CDRW   Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:8  MaxSpeed:8  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

paulr

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2004, 11:59:18 am »

I had an odd thing happen to me last night.  I was ripping CD's... lots of them.

Sometime around CD #15 or so, and after I had just successfully ripped one, MC started failing on every song on a CD.  I canceled the rip after the first 3 songs on the CD had failed.  The rip results window popped up saying the same tracks were ripped successfully with 100% quality, even though they had not.  I verified on my hard disk that nothing was there.

A restart of MC fixed the issue.

Edit:  Forgot to add - I was using Secure Rip during this process.

skarsol

• World Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2004, 02:30:24 pm »

Still have the problem where using "Replace & Play" through the shell extensions for the first time each boot causes Media Center to load 1 song from the playlist that was present when it was last closed and stay in stopped mode. Subsequent "Replace & Play"s work as expected.

LonWar

« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2004, 04:49:45 pm »

From :  http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=20912

When converting from ape to mp3 - 320 if the file name has a . then it will hang on the encoding.

This can be reproduced on command.
-
Pages: [1]   Go Up