INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problem with "Complete Album" Tag  (Read 1128 times)

kaiynne

• World Citizen
  • I Changed this by choosing profile
Problem with "Complete Album" Tag
« on: April 20, 2004, 12:43:48 pm »

I am having a weird issue with the complete album tag, basically I have about 10 albums where complete=1 on some tracks and 0 on others.  I've gone through and updated all other tag info so that they are the same, but the complete album tag doesn't change.

I think that the problem might happen when you use autorip and update the tag info as it is ripping, eg the first six tracks rip as unknown artist but the last few rip as a known artist, possibly during the rip the tag is set, but it doesn't seem to want to update later...

Any help would be greatly appreciated, because i am trying to track down the real incomplete albums.

Thanks,
Kain

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re:Problem with "Complete Album" Tag
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2004, 12:48:19 pm »

The help file in MC 10 has the exact logic for the complete album / mix album in the "Multiple Artist Albums" topic.

Make sure all the album's files are all in the same directory and that no other albums share that directory.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Roar

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2004, 08:24:56 pm »

Hmm, just read through the help information as suggested by Matt, and started wondering about something.

This is perhaps slightly off-topic, but not by much  ;)

How do you guys handle multi-disc albums, i.e. albums consisting of more than one CD?

I have been putting all the tracks in the same directory, but tagging files with "Album Title (Disc 1)" , "Album Title (Disc 2)" album tags, which works fine in some respects, but makes the Multiple Artist Albums rules ignore that directory.

This approach also has the side-effect, that I cannot play all the discs of the album by using a "Single Random Album" smartlist (described in another thread).

On the other hand, if I were to tag tracks from both discs in an album with the same album name, I wouldn't be able to play the tracks in the correct order, since there would be two track #1's, two track #2's etc. I could of course re-number the tracks on disc 2 to follow the last track on disc 1, but that also seems wrong somehow.

Does anyone have a really clever way of handling such multi-disc albums?

Thanks,
- Roar

P.S. Today I installed the ninth version of MC10 since I bought a new license two weeks ago, so I guess I'm getting my money's worth   ;D

Nolonemo

• Galactic Citizen
  • I'm still a malla!
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2004, 03:56:55 pm »

Sure.  Click on the first album so it displays in the bottom pane, then click on the second so it displays below that in the bottom pane.  Both albums should be in track order.  Select all files in the bottom pane.  Then do Library Tools -> Fill Track Number From List Order.  Then use the tag feature to give all tracks the same albume name.  Voila, now you have a single "album".  Of course, if you wanted, you could rearrange your tracks in any order you wanted and then do the autonumber thing.

P.S., I'm not sure if this is really clever, but it does get the job done.  ;)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2004, 04:01:50 pm »

You need to choose if you want them to be two albums or one.

If you want one album, put them in the same directory and sequentially number all the tracks.

If you want them as separate albums, just keep them in separate directories.

Both solutions should work equally well. (just don't mix them)
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up