INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hiding The Tree  (Read 1370 times)

jleerigby

Hiding The Tree
« on: April 16, 2004, 04:07:57 am »

I've been very quiet lately and have not made any feature requests for a long time.  Now that 10 is out the door I wonder if I might be so bold to put in a request:

I'd like to have an option to hide the tree in standard view at startup or at least I'd like the hiding of the tree to stick across MC sessions.  On my HTPC there really is no need for the tree and there's not enough room for it.  

It's a little annoying when a program allows you to customise something but then forgets the customisation each time you close and reopen it.

Bryan

• World Citizen
Re:Hiding The Tree
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2004, 11:01:08 pm »

This would be a useful feature.  

I would also like to see an option to "undock" the Action Window.  With separate undockable windows it allows for a lot more customization to the mega-me interface. Mini-me is really cool but none of them are legible on a big screen at any reasonable distance from the screen. Preferably  I'd like to have 3 windows  1) a main window that I could easily toggle between the library and playing now playlist.  2) a window showing cover art for the currently playing track, 3) a window for the currently running visualization.    Some of this can be done now tinkering with the various interface configrations coupled with the playing now plug in.  Would be nice to be able to show some of those Musicmatch and Winamp hardheads that MC can look just like those apps if the want it.

Bryan

jleerigby

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2004, 02:45:35 am »

Bump.

Any thoughts on whether this could be added to MC?  I've seen that you've done quite a bit of work lately to make it easier for users to make customisation stick.

Bryan,  I'm not sure what your request has to do with hiding the tree  :-\

RhinoBanga

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Developer
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2004, 03:46:17 am »

Hiding the tree used to be there but J River took it out as they said it was confusing for new users.

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
  • Getting older every day
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2004, 10:42:06 am »

confusing for new users.

Understandable, but I love options. please, options
pretend this is something funny

DocLotus

• Retired and; Loving It!!!
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2004, 11:09:36 am »

I would love to see ALL the windows to be totally movable so I could really customize MC by moving the windows to any location on the screen.

Siren player from many years ago, allowed me to do that & it was wonderful.  It gave me total control over the placement of all my screens.

Siren also allowed me to selectivly turn on or off any window.

I could make Siren look any way I wanted it to.
MC... Latest version, 1 Mini PC, w/ Server.
TV... USA, ZIP 77036, Std view, Full screen, Not detached, Silicon Dust Guide, OTA, ATSC 1.
MC Audio... Realtek HD 7.1, MP3 Ext, Basic playback.
MC Control... Key, Mouse w/ G HUB.
Windows... 10 Pro, 64 bit, All MS updates.
Hardware... Beelink AMD GR5 Pro Mini PC, 16GB memory, 3 internal HDD's w/ 4.5 TB storage, 8 TB external storage.
1 SiliconDust HD HomeRun Connect Quatro, 1 SiliconDust HDHomeRun Flex Quatro, Amped Antenna w/ splitter.

Magicland

• World Citizen
  • Gabba Gabba Hey!
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2004, 10:17:11 pm »

Hiding the tree would work great for me. Just takes up valuable space on the TV

Bryan

• World Citizen
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2004, 12:47:18 am »

Bryan,  I'm not sure what your request has to do with hiding the tree  :-\

It doesn't ..

But this does...

This would be a useful feature.  

Bryan

cascius

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2004, 03:22:37 am »

I guess that the feature of having MC remembering the tree state would be a good option. I personaly have no problems with the tree in colapsed position though. It doesn't take much space at all IMO.

-Cascius

DocLotus

• Retired and; Loving It!!!
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2004, 09:32:11 am »

I wish the Action window was remembered from one time to the next.  I get really tired of having to reload the Image Window each time MC is loaded.
MC... Latest version, 1 Mini PC, w/ Server.
TV... USA, ZIP 77036, Std view, Full screen, Not detached, Silicon Dust Guide, OTA, ATSC 1.
MC Audio... Realtek HD 7.1, MP3 Ext, Basic playback.
MC Control... Key, Mouse w/ G HUB.
Windows... 10 Pro, 64 bit, All MS updates.
Hardware... Beelink AMD GR5 Pro Mini PC, 16GB memory, 3 internal HDD's w/ 4.5 TB storage, 8 TB external storage.
1 SiliconDust HD HomeRun Connect Quatro, 1 SiliconDust HDHomeRun Flex Quatro, Amped Antenna w/ splitter.
Pages: [1]   Go Up