INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Playlist doesn't play tracks in order  (Read 1627 times)

Tuckers

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
Playlist doesn't play tracks in order
« on: April 11, 2004, 06:34:22 pm »

I have been trying version 9 and now 10.  When I make a playlist, I add my tracks in order.  The files names start with 01, 02, 03 etc. because I put track number first.  When I play a playlist, it plays them is a strange order, not sequentially.  This order is the same everytime, but I can't figure out the logic or how to change it.   :(

How do I fix this?  JRiver looks like a good program.

Wile E. One

• World Citizen
Re:Playlist doesn't play tracks in order
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2004, 06:44:31 pm »

Have you turned off Shuffle?

There are 3 round buttons at the end of the long slider for the currently playing track. The middle one is Shuffle. Make sure it's off.

Also, the Playing Now window has a Seq (stands for sequence) column. Make sure that these numbers match the order you want the songs played in (after making sure shuffle is off). If the numbers don't match.... get the songs in the order you want...then right click on one of them...and choose Update Order from the list. That should fix you up.
Now isn't this just typical of whereever this is?

Tuckers

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2004, 07:49:25 pm »

;D  and  :-[  Shuffle was it!   Thanks! Now I can get this puppy cooking!

PeterTEEEE

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2004, 08:45:05 pm »

I have the same problem. Media Center plays songs from my music CD's in "seq" order, which is different than track number order. Shuffle is off. There is a 1 beside "seq," and a down arrow. I looked under "columns to show" but "seq" is not listed. As noted already, I do not understand what is "seq," nor is it mentioned in "help," nor did I find any option that seemed to pertain. I know how to rearrange the tracks so that they play in 1, 2, 3 order, but shouldn't Media Center automatically play the tracks in the same order as listed on the CD?

Omni

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2004, 10:02:55 pm »

I have the same problem. Media Center plays songs from my music CD's in "seq" order, which is different than track number order. Shuffle is off. There is a 1 beside "seq," and a down arrow. I looked under "columns to show" but "seq" is not listed. As noted already, I do not understand what is "seq," nor is it mentioned in "help," nor did I find any option that seemed to pertain. I know how to rearrange the tracks so that they play in 1, 2, 3 order, but shouldn't Media Center automatically play the tracks in the same order as listed on the CD?

Ah, yes, I remember this problem.  :)  This issue came up eons ago, like during v.9.0 developement.

I don't recall if anyone figured out what caused it to happen, but the solution is to delete all the CD's tracks from your library and then reimport them.  You don't need to rerip or retag or anything, just reimport them.  (To play it safe, though, you should probably do an "Update files from library" thing first before you delete them.)

Caveat:  If any of the tracks belong to a playlist, that playlist will also be updated to reflect the deletion.
Pages: [1]   Go Up