INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC11 Request: Better support to maintain burning/transfer order  (Read 874 times)

Tolga

• Galactic Citizen
MC11 Request: Better support to maintain burning/transfer order
« on: January 18, 2005, 08:29:11 am »

Goal:
Listening to music with a desired order on a handheld, or Mp3-CD.

Current Solution:
MC can create playlists to do that.

Problem:
 There are handhelds that does not support playlists. (i.e. my Creative MuVo TxFm).

Solution?:
The solution of adding Track#'s to filenames works for albums but it is not general enough. It does not help, if you want to select songs from different albums and want to listen to them in a particular order

Solution (Request of MC11)
We could have a new tag, (ie. [Transfer Order] ), that is dynamically instantiated while burning / or transfering to the handheld. If you use the name:

[Burning Order] - [Name]

you should ensure that you are going to play the songs with the right order. This also works if you have multiple folders. Each folder will use the burning order seperately.

SteveG

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: MC11 Request: Better support to maintain burning/transfer order
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2005, 09:48:39 am »

Tolga,

Using drag and drop MC can control the order in which files transfer to a device for devices that respect the upload order when playing back files. I do not think this is the case with the TX. The MuVo's play files alphabetically, correct? With that in mind, your solution makes sense but has limited application for a small subset of devices. Even so, we can consider this in the future.

Steve

Tolga

• Galactic Citizen
Re: MC11 Request: Better support to maintain burning/transfer order
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2005, 11:12:39 am »

yes, the problem stems from the facts that some devices play alphabetically (or in some any other random). In my experience based on two devices (Creative Mujo and Riovolt MP3 CD player), 100% of them play alphabetically.

Pages: [1]   Go Up