INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Open URL works, click on link in IE does not...  (Read 741 times)

Severian

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Data Stylist
Open URL works, click on link in IE does not...
« on: April 24, 2004, 01:57:45 pm »

This is probably some system screwup on my part, not so sure it's a bug. As mentioned, I can open a link to a stream (like say http://www.somafm.com/groovesalad.pls) in the File->Open URL dialog, and it starts playing just fine. However, when I click on the same link in IE, MC launches and then nothing happens.  If I am already playing a stream in MC, and I click on another link to another stream, MC comes to the front, but the stream does not switch over; MC keeps playing the original one.

This-all used to work just fine, but not only has there been newer versions of MC, there's been a new hard drive, new OS install, et cetera.

Any tips, or should I forward this to a bug thread?

MC 10.0.118
WinXP Pro, all SP's applied

Thanks,
Sev
Severian

pipsqueak

• Citizen of the Universe
  • "Actually, it's elementary, my dear Dawson!"
Re:Open URL works, click on link in IE does not...
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2004, 05:39:25 pm »

works fine here. i clicked on your link, opened IE, i get a box saying open/save. i click open and mc takes me nicely to groove salad, which i must say is a nice station

pip

Severian

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Data Stylist
Re:Open URL works, click on link in IE does not...
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2004, 06:51:07 pm »

I just fixed it. In a previous install of a previous version, somehow "Media Center" didn't appear in my list of registered programs, so I browsed to the MC directory and specified that "Media Core" should open that filetype.

With this version of MC that file doesn't seem to be around anymore, and MC does appear in the list of registered programs. I re-specifed "Media Center" instead of "Media Core" and it works fine now.

Severian
Pages: [1]   Go Up