INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 10.0.121 Available  (Read 2642 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 10.0.121 Available
« on: April 23, 2004, 11:07:14 am »

PLEASE USE THIS THREAD TO REPORT BUGS.  If you're not sure whether it's a bug, or you need to ask a question, please start a new thread.  

IF YOU DON'T SEE YOUR POST HERE, see the index for the board.  Posts that ask questions or start discussions will usually be moved.

The latest version of MC10 is here: ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter100121.exe

PRICE and UPGRADE info is here:
http://www.musicex.com/mediacenter/purchase.html

10.0.121 (4/23/04)

1. Fixed: Tree & View options wouldn't properly save changes. (if you installed 120, please go through and hand check your tree & view settings)
3. Fixed: MP3 encoder was not working correctly with international characters and too many dots in a file name.
4. Fixed: MC tree will update when plugins are removed.

Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

lee269

• sleep eat sleep eat sleep eat
Re:Media Center 10.0.121 Available
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2004, 12:25:34 pm »

Installing 121 (Custom option):

1. Clicked on accept licence button and skipped straight through to install process, flicking briefly through the install path selection step. I thought Id just clicked twice by accident.

2. Clicked on checkbox to deactivate shortcut on desktop, as usual. Dialog skipped right through next step ('run installed program now') as per 1 above,  and disappeared.

I appear to have a successful install of 121, but I have a desktop shortcut, and it doesnt appear to allow you to set the custom options.

Bug in install, or just me?

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
  • Getting older every day
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2004, 12:27:34 pm »

I thought I might have a similar issue, but I sometimes don't pay quite enough attention when installing MC, so I just figured it was me.

Also, is ther any way to have MC 'remember' my installation options?  I never want to have a desktop icon installed, and I end up with one avery week or 2.  Not a big deal, but would be nice.

Thanks
pretend this is something funny

Monkeyboy

• World Citizen
  • I'm a Monkey
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2004, 12:31:13 pm »

Also, is ther any way to have MC 'remember' my installation options?  I never want to have a desktop icon installed, and I end up with one avery week or 2.  Not a big deal, but would be nice.

Thanks
I would like to see this also.
Rich

lee269

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2004, 12:41:54 pm »

I of course would 'third' this. But feature requests have no place in a bug thread :)

bebop

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2004, 12:53:10 pm »

Importing of files after ripping not sticking!! :(

Been away for awhile so went from.89 (which was doing everything I asked it to do, with minor glitches here and there regarding the Nomad), to.90 and on until .120.  Just ripped some stuff, and even though it had confirmation boxes showing that it was ripped and imported into MC...it wasn't actually there.

The files were physically on the hard drive (my options choices however had been changed to the default, somehow) they had not been imported to MC -even though they were playing and a "recently Imported" branch had appeared on the tree.

Media Center Registered 10.0.120 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows XP 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 2522 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1048 MB, Free - 492 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1400 / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1233 (xpsp2.030604-1804) / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive F: ATAPI   DVD DUAL 8X4X12   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive G: SONY    CD-RW  CRX230E    Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive F: ATAPI    DVD DUAL 8X4X12    Addr: 3:0:0  Speed:24  MaxSpeed:24  BurnProof:Yes
  Drive G: SONY     CD-RW  CRX230E     Addr: 3:1:0  Speed:52  MaxSpeed:52  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

bebop

cryst

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2004, 01:07:02 pm »

Not sure I was making sense all the other times I reported this...  So some images might help.

If I double click between these column headers, the full name will come into view correctly (i.e. ("Jim Florenti..." will change to "Jim Florentine").  This is because none of the entries shown are active (bold font):

If I double click between these column headers, though, no sizing will occur, because column sizing doesn't work on active lines (with bold font):

Automatic column sizing also doesn't work in this case.

@l@n

• World Citizen
  • bla bla bla, bla bla bla bla
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2004, 01:14:04 pm »

Last night, I come across a couple of Automation SDK bugs...   :(

The DownloadToFile(string URL, string FileName) API doesnt seem to work for me.  It gives a successful retsult but the file defined by FileName parm is not created.  I saw some old (2002) threads from KingSparta talking about a simular experience that he was having.

A more serious problem that I'm seeing is related startup options that allow MC to resume in the previous mode.  If a plug-in was executing when MC was last stopped -- the plug-in is immediately started the next time MC is restarted.  While this is expected functionality, the problem is that the plug-in is not able to complete all tasks.  I suspect that there is a timing issue that starts the plug-in before all threads in MC are setup properly.  To reproduce this problem, create a simple plugin that displays a MesageBox() at startup.  If the plug-in is started when MC is started, the plug-in (and MC) will go to never-never-land (MC is listed in task manager but there is no taskbar/form displayed) when the MessageBox is executed.

--@l@n
Download the aLyrics plug-in at http://aLyrics.auldridge.biz

jsweet

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2004, 01:32:58 pm »

Ripping will not continue In Media Center 10.0.121 with the Normalize option set.

paulr

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2004, 01:43:42 pm »

Using Secure Rip:

When the rip is complete, you get the Close button in the action window.  If you click close, the ripping log pops up.  While this window is up, if you place a new CD into the drive, it will begin to rip automatically, without any warning.  When you save the SecureRip.log file and then close the window, the rip that started when you placed the new CD in, will stop and you will be left with a partial song on your hard disk, but not in the library.

This has happened to me a number of times recently.

This is still occuring.

lee269

« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2004, 01:56:56 pm »

bebop:

I notice you are using build 120. Maybe not relevant, but 120 did have known problems with options not sticking.

1. Fixed: Tree & View options wouldn't properly save changes.

Perhaps download and try 121?

bebop

« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2004, 02:19:02 pm »

lee, you were absolutely right!  Thanks...my error...too much vacationing, not enough brain stimulation!  things are working better now.  

Rob L

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2004, 03:58:56 pm »

I thought I was the only person who always unticked the "desktop icon" option :-)

Sir Alan

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2004, 04:03:22 pm »

Filenames containing Unicode characters are now handled correctly during Transfer with simultaneous conversion to MP3, but MC still crashes if these filenames are included in a sync.
"Progress just makes bad things happen faster" – Granny Weatherwax
Pages: [1]   Go Up