INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: skin engine bugs/reqs  (Read 775 times)

Dragyn

• Citizen of the Universe
skin engine bugs/reqs
« on: April 25, 2004, 07:42:35 pm »

Please consider the following to the skin engine:

• Use only a bitmap in action window.

Most of the skins I'm trying to make use gradients. It would be the same as 'Image'/'Tag Info' with no files added. You can see the difference pictured below.

• Transparency doesn't work for scrollbars (arrows).

For this skin (currently making), I need transparency because the colors are different. However, it's not working properly. OR I just don't know what I'm doing.

• Transparency doesn't work for search bar (smartlists).

I have to use transparency in the image otherwise you will see 'background' colors at the top.

• Frame Windows

In opus, I noticed that the main window has the sides put inside the top and bottom. For other windows, the sides are put on the outside. This makes placement of the text and close buttons to come inward. I can fix the close button but the text (X=-N) puts the text under the left border instead of on top.

• Disabled Scrollbars.

MC is using only 1 image for all for states (Scrollbar Background). Requesting the forth image (in many skins) to become active.

• Mouse Over (Frame Window)

Moving the mouse over the buttons in a frame window doesn't do anything.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re:skin engine bugs/reqs
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2004, 09:35:55 am »

• Use only a bitmap in action window.

Most of the skins I'm trying to make use gradients. It would be the same as 'Image'/'Tag Info' with no files added. You can see the difference pictured below.

List controls don't currently support transparent backgrounds.  You'll have to choose a list control color that compliments the gradient.

Remeber that the Action Window list control can have separate colors from other list controls.

<ActionWindow>
<Colors ListTextColor="FFFFFF" ListBackColor="FFFFFF" />
</ActionWindow>

Maybe v11 could support transparent list controls.

• Transparency doesn't work for scrollbars (arrows).

For this skin (currently making), I need transparency because the colors are different. However, it's not working properly. OR I just don't know what I'm doing.

Scrollbars don't support transparency because they cover undefined areas of the screen that can't paint a background.

• Transparency doesn't work for search bar (smartlists).

I have to use transparency in the image otherwise you will see 'background' colors at the top.

This should work.  For example, look at "ThunderStorm."  In a smartlist view, the background color will be the 3D face color.

• Frame Windows

In opus, I noticed that the main window has the sides put inside the top and bottom. For other windows, the sides are put on the outside. This makes placement of the text and close buttons to come inward. I can fix the close button but the text (X=-N) puts the text under the left border instead of on top.

This was required to get certain shapes at the top of the main frame.

You'll just need to use different art / margins for frame and mainframe.

• Disabled Scrollbars.

MC is using only 1 image for all for states (Scrollbar Background). Requesting the forth image (in many skins) to become active.

For most skins, all 4 images are the same.  When do you think the other images should be drawn?

• Mouse Over (Frame Window)

Moving the mouse over the buttons in a frame window doesn't do anything.

Only the main frame buttons change with mouse movement.  Changing this is a little complicated, but we can add it to the list for next version.

Thanks Dragyn.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up