INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Control MC from my iMac?  (Read 1164 times)

lpr

• World Citizen
Control MC from my iMac?
« on: May 04, 2004, 09:37:17 pm »

Hello,

I would love to control (play - stop - next) and look at what's playing now (cover art) in Media Center from my iMac... What other options do I have other than the plain looking web interface?

Thanks for your help.
lpr

bspachman

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re:Control MC from my iMac?
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2004, 10:59:18 pm »

You have the web option.

You have VNC (basically remote desktop software). You run a VNC server on your MC machine and run a VNC client on your Mac.

You have a flash-based program called "Glissando". If you search far back in the forum archives, you should find a lot of posts relating to it. I don't know if it works with MC10. I believe it was originally developed for MJ8.

You could use a program called NetRemote if you have certain kinds of handheld computers. Perhaps you could convince the developers to port it over to the Mac...

http://www.netremote.org

Best,
Brad

Mastiff

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Multi-Zone Tzar
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2004, 06:03:45 am »

Brad, actually I think it would be easier to port lpr to a real PPC instead of that Mac stuff!  ;) ;D 8)
Tor with the Cinema Inferno & Multi-Zone Audio system

lpr

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2004, 07:30:28 am »

Thanks Brad for the reply.

I was aware of Netremote, but if I wanted to use a very nice looking MC interface for the PPC, I would go with MusicLobby... There doesn't seem to be any other simple alternative for the Mac other than the web interface.

What would be great, and I think I should make an official request, would be the ability to modify the web interface to display information like the visualizations "track info" which are .html code.

Take care,
lpr
Pages: [1]   Go Up