INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Files/size limit??? - Explorer not Responding  (Read 938 times)

flabbygums

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Files/size limit??? - Explorer not Responding
« on: May 05, 2004, 03:05:57 pm »

I've never had this problem before and been using this prog. for 2 years.  My system keeps crashing playing a song and when I try to use the volume, computer freezes indefinately. Here's what I did to solve it - I used to have 1.5 gigs of music in one folder... I broke that up into 11 folders and tried importing all 1.5 gigs that way but it did not work. Then I imported only one of those folders (700 megs) and it did work and volume works fine.. Trouble is, I cannot seem to import my whole library at once. The files that are being imported are on another non-raided internal eide drive.

PIII, 866, 500+megs RAM..

xen-uno

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Checking your hard disk for errors...
Re:Files/size limit??? - Explorer not Responding
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2004, 05:46:59 pm »

Are you sure it's not hangin on a particular file? Bad tags can stall or crash the import.

flabbygums

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2004, 07:09:04 pm »

Thanks for writing back. I don't think it's a tag issue because all the files do import fine - it freezes when I start playing a song (any song). The song will play, but the system is frozen. and for some reason MJ8 does not show up in task manager anywhere....  Anyway, i'm just wondering if 1.5 gigs of queue is being loaded into my ram somehow and jacking up the system.

flabbygums

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2004, 07:54:32 pm »

It was my sound card drivers that needed updating. I found this on the FAQ of Media Center.
Pages: [1]   Go Up