INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 10.0.129 Available  (Read 2425 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 10.0.129 Available
« on: May 04, 2004, 04:39:54 pm »

PLEASE USE THIS THREAD TO REPORT BUGS.  If you're not sure whether it's a bug, or you need to ask a question, please start a new thread.  

IF YOU DON'T SEE YOUR POST HERE, see the index for the board.  Posts that ask questions or start discussions will usually be moved.

The latest version of MC10 is here: ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter100129.exe

PRICE and UPGRADE info is here:
http://www.musicex.com/mediacenter/purchase.html

10.0.129 (5/4/04)

1. Fixed: Burn CD Action Window button would start the Rip action. (introduced 10.0.128)
2. Fixed: Updating the library from tags would cause the tags to get unnecessarily resaved after the update.
3. Changed: Improved performance of undo / redo system during large edits. (notes: redo is cleared on new action, undo is limited to 64 actions)
4. Fixed: Playing Now > Play / Pause command in Theater View could play Standard View's selected files in some cases.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
Re:Media Center 10.0.129 Available
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2004, 09:04:07 pm »

4. Fixed: Playing Now > Play / Pause command in Theater View could play Standard View's selected files in some cases.

Fantastic.  Thanks for the fast fix -- it works more intuitively now.

Is there a way to get the "backspace" command added to the list of possible remote commands?  I'm using the X10 MP3 Anywhere remote and "backspace" isn't in the list of mappable commands.

Thanks

simpleuser99

• Junior Woodchuck
  • BANZAI!!!!
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2004, 11:36:35 pm »

BUG.

I found a bug, for the first time.  :P

When watching a standard MPG video file:
1 - Start playback of video in "internal" mode.
2 - Select "windowed" mode so there is only the video in a window.
3 - resize the window.
4 - switch back to "internal" mode and things will go crazy.

Basically it takes about 2-4 minutes to catch up with the video. The sound stops for a while then resumes and then the video resumes ofer a long time.

Very early versions didn't have this problem.
I haven't tried full screen mode to see if anything else happens or not.

I hope this helps and I hope it is not just me.

Gary

Roar

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2004, 09:50:42 am »

When synchronizing files to a portable player (a Creative NOMAd MuVo^2 4GB, available as a normal drive) with the option to convert files to another format (WMA VBR), the conversion window disappears somewhere, perhaps behind the main Media Center window. This doesn't always happen, but it happens more often than not.

I'm not sure in which release this problem appeared, but I didn't experience it in an earlier release of MC 10.

- Roar

dougc

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2004, 10:19:19 am »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I believe it was between builds 110 and 119 that I started getting a message box like this:
-----
Information

Media Center encountered errors while trying to play the last several files.

Error:  Unknown error

Please make sure that the path in your media library points to the right location.
-----

This happened at random times on random files after Media Center had been running for a while (up to a day).  Stopping/starting Media Center usually cleared it but it might take a couple of tries.  My files, about 7000, are all oggs I've ripped and encoded myself.  The message continued on build 128.

I moved my library, erased Media Center, installed 129 and imported a new library.  I'd like to report the less than helpful error message as a bug.  I'm not sure if the new library fixed the error yet.

I also had a problem importing playlists.  If this is done using File->Library->Import Media it reports 0 files imported and puts the playlists under an Imported Playlists folder.  It took me quite a while to notice they were there because the 0 files imported message implies nothing happened.

Thanks.

Bendra

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2004, 12:24:42 pm »

I can't get name info from the last CD I ripped out of memory after inserting a new CD. #songs matches CD#2, names from CD#1 are still there.  I have not rebooted, as it doesn't seem relevant.

Lasse_Lus

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2004, 01:21:09 pm »

in quicktagmode you can only insert 38 characters, so if you have a very long comment or genre or something else you have to use the action window for the input...this was not a problem a couple of months ago.

by the way, I love MC and the quicktagmode, so please fix this  :)

thanks Lasse Lus
MT5FR
Pages: [1]   Go Up