INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Multiple icons for multiple libraries?  (Read 1530 times)

rar2667

Multiple icons for multiple libraries?
« on: April 20, 2004, 09:18:46 pm »

Can anyone tell me how to setup 2 different MC shortcuts that each point to a different library? I'd like tohave one library for images only with media mode set to images and another for audio with media mode set to audio, then a shortcut for each.

I've tried changing the start in folder and pointing to the library file, but that doesn't do it.

Thanks for any help.

Andy Rogers

rar2667

Re:Multiple icons for multiple libraries?
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2004, 06:21:15 am »

Just a bump here...

Also need to know how to make the Image-only media mode "stick" when MC is started/restarted.

Thanks to anyone who can help.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2004, 04:48:42 pm »

Not actually a shortcut, but this is the MC way to do that:
File > Library > Library Manager > Add

Afterwards you can change the active library by:
File > Library > Library Manager > Load

There is more info in the MC Help.

I my opinion "Audio" and "Images" bars in the MC tree are the easiest shortcuts for that. But maybe you have some special reasons to separate the libraries.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2004, 04:59:04 pm »

how to make the Image-only media mode "stick" when MC is started

I am sorry, but I don't quite understand what you mean.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2004, 05:09:41 pm »

From the MC Help:

Media Modes

Select a Media Mode to quickly narrow your library to the kinds of files you want. This does not affect the library itself; it simply narrows what is displayed.

From left to right, the Media Mode buttons are: All Media, Audio, Images, Video.

When you select a Media Mode, the organization tree changes to display that mode, and all of the relevant View Schemes. This means you can create View Schemes for images (perhaps using fields that are specific to images, like people, places, or events) that will only appear when you select All Media, or Images.

rar2667

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2004, 10:57:11 pm »

Thanks, Alex B...I intend to use a few fields for different things depending on whether it is music or an image, so I just wanted a separate library for each. If I use one of the Media modes to switch to, say, Image only, then next time I restart MC it is back to all media...I'd like it to always start up in Image only mode,

I'd also like to have one shortcut that launches MC and loads the music library, while another launches and loads the image library.

Maybe that makes it more clear and maybe can't be done? Just checking befor I spend good money on a photo database, when MC might do what I want.

Sam

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2004, 02:49:20 am »

Try
Tools/Options/Startup/Remember Media Mode

not the solution you're looking for, but it should help

lee269

• sleep eat sleep eat sleep eat
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2004, 04:30:18 am »

Andy

You mean a Windows shortcut, right?

Unfortunately I dont think theres a command line parameter to select the library you want at startup, or an option within MC to do this automatically, other than the Library Manager, as Alex suggested. I dont think you can get exactly what you want.

You can of course add new fields and configure views in MC to show different field combinations, however, so you could show different fields for music and images, etc. from a single library as long as you could avoid using the same field for different things depending on the media type.

negopus

• Galactic Citizen
  • Negopus: negotium, otium et opus
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2004, 12:54:36 pm »

I would really be interested in this feature (shortcut icon or hotkey to load another library) because I have different audio libraries for Music, Computer Events sound, Test Signals (and so on...) and I would like to quicly switch between them, without going through the File | Library | <Library name> menu.

Negopus

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2004, 01:25:42 pm »

Until the hotkeys/icons are addded, how about: Alt+F, L, L. After that you must unfortunately switch to the mouse.

negopus

• Galactic Citizen
  • Negopus: negotium, otium et opus
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2004, 04:29:33 pm »

Until the hotkeys/icons are addded, how about: Alt+F, L, L. After that you must unfortunately switch to the mouse.

That's exactly what I do. There's often a workaround to achieve a certain result. But this is definitely something that should be built into Media Center.

rar2667

« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2004, 11:01:56 pm »

Thanks for all the advice. I had missed the Remember Media Mode, so that will help. A command line Library Load option would be helpful in the future.

Thanks,
Pages: [1]   Go Up