INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 10.0.128 Available  (Read 3372 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 10.0.128 Available
« on: May 03, 2004, 04:29:02 pm »

PLEASE USE THIS THREAD TO REPORT BUGS.  If you're not sure whether it's a bug, or you need to ask a question, please start a new thread.  

IF YOU DON'T SEE YOUR POST HERE, see the index for the board.  Posts that ask questions or start discussions will usually be moved.

The latest version of MC10 is here: ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter100128.exe

PRICE and UPGRADE info is here:
http://www.musicex.com/mediacenter/purchase.html

10.0.128 (5/3/04)

1. NEW: File converter works in one-pass (instead of two-pass with a temp file) for improved performance.
2. Fixed: Some Theater View settings changes wouldn't take effect until leaving and returning to Theater View.
3. Fixed: Player tooltips didn't immediately update when mouse-wheeling or right-clicking.
4. Fixed: Starting a video, then entering Theater View, then doing some commands that stopped playback (like "Clear Playing Now") could cause a crash.
5. Fixed: MC will import .m4b files correctly as audio.
6. Fixed: Quick Play > My Computer menu would show items without a path. (like Control Panel)
7. NEW: Made Theater View's default behaviour of keeping the focus optional. (could be useful on multi-monitor systems, etc.)
8. Changed: Auto-size of columns accounts for possibility of bolded playing text and column sort arrows.
9. Changed: Importing by drag-n-drop does a better job of showing how many files have been imported in the wait message.
10. Changed: On encoder options page for file conversions, features that didn't apply to converting are not shown.
11. NEW: Handheld bitrate conversion uses new and improved converter core. (smart bitrate / file type conversion skipping temporarily removed, but will return in a coming build)
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

pank2002

Re:Media Center 10.0.128 Available
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2004, 04:38:20 pm »

1. NEW: File converter works in one-pass (instead of two-pass with a temp file) for improved performance.
8. Changed: Auto-size of columns accounts for possibility of bolded playing text and column sort arrows.
9. Changed: Importing by drag-n-drop does a better job of showing how many files have been imported in the wait message.
10. Changed: On encoder options page for file conversions, features that didn't apply to converting are not shown.
11. NEW: Handheld bitrate conversion uses new and improved converter core. (smart bitrate / file type conversion skipping temporarily removed, but will return in a coming build)

Yeah, lots of great stuff. Thanks Matt and the rest of the JRiver Team.

BTW: when you rip a cd, useing an external encoder, fx Nero AAC encoder in my case, MC will rip one wave file, then encode it, and it won't start ripping the next wave file, before it has encoded the file. Could you somehow que the wave files, like it already does when you use a buildin encoder.
  Note: it some builds since I ripped a cd, so I don't know if you've changed it.

Thanks,
  Rasmus

edit: and #8 actually works ! Even more cool!
Music is life... the rest is details.
Here is a security related website: secubi.dk

dynamic

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2004, 04:44:52 pm »

[size=8]OH MY GOD......[/size]
perfect changes...it is just great.  i think this will silence alot of polls on repetitive posts.
which i take some responsiblity for doing.  awesome!!!!

pipsqueak

• "Actually, it's elementary, my dear Dawson!"
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2004, 05:11:15 pm »

7. NEW: Made Theater View's default behaviour of keeping the focus optional. (could be useful on multi-monitor systems, etc.)

gee thanks guys - that was a very quick turnaround...

pip

[edit: multi-monitor system makes it sound so much more than it really is...in reality a laptop hooked up to a monitor!]

Valissystem

• World Citizen
  • Muso on ice...
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2004, 05:11:43 pm »

perfect changes...it is just great.  i think this will silence alot of polls on repetitive posts.
which i take some responsiblity for doing.  awesome!!!!

Umm, I do agree!!!

BTW guys, I haven't posted for a while - so I want to say what a really great job you have done with this. MC was already an awesome product, however it is now just amazing!!!!

Cheers.

Sir Alan

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2004, 05:12:01 pm »

Bug: In the Action Window, «Burn CD or DVD» activates «Rip CD»

Works correctly from the Tools menu.
"Progress just makes bad things happen faster" – Granny Weatherwax

TimB

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2004, 08:09:33 pm »

I would like to sort my playlist by [Rating], then [Random]. But it don't work. It appears that [Random] currently only works when on it's own.

Not sure what you're looking for, wouldn't Random and Rating be kinda the opposite of each other?  You either want Random or Rating but not both?

-=Tim=-
Boy do I LOVE Media Center!!!

jt

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2004, 08:34:22 pm »

Well I want to basically sort my playlist by rating, so I have all the best songs near the top. But I don't want them ordered by artist/album. I want them random, but still grouped by rating.

ie. All the rating 5's at the top and randomized.
Then all the rating 4's, randomized
Then the 3s etc etc

jt

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2004, 08:37:07 pm »

I would like to sort my playlist by [Rating], then [Random]. But it don't work. It appears that [Random] currently only works when on it's own.

Not sure what you're looking for, wouldn't Random and Rating be kinda the opposite of each other?  You either want Random or Rating but not both?

-=Tim=-

But regardless of what my personal preference for sorting might be, if the application lets you select that particular sort (ie [Rating]-d,[Random] ), then it should work.

It's not very good programming practice to let the user have the possibility of selecting something which doesn't in fact work, and doesn't even warn them that it's not allowed.

Sam

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2004, 11:23:43 pm »

I updated the library from the tags.
Then after I confirm the changes, MC automatically saved the changes - back into the music files.

Is that right?  That second step appears to be redundant.

Fixer

« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2004, 11:29:19 pm »

Bug: In the Action Window, «Burn CD or DVD» activates «Rip CD»

Works correctly from the Tools menu.

Confirmed.

Sir Alan

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2004, 05:08:13 am »

Excellent - a great improvement in speed.   8) (Steve - I wasn't expecting this so soon.  Now I know when you say "not yet" you mean "not for a week or two"!)
"Progress just makes bad things happen faster" – Granny Weatherwax

coolblue

• World Citizen
  • "You're soaking in it!"
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2004, 09:03:21 am »

Mixed feelings here. I think it would be fine if it were limited to "Playing Now" but in Playlists it spreads things way too wide.

Also: Screen updates during Import Media have gotten wonky. I re-imported (due to a drive change) 4 directories and in each case over 300 files were imported before the little import counting dialog appeared. Before that time (and during) the main MC window wasn't repainting if uncovered.

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2004, 03:57:32 pm »

Mixed feelings here. I think it would be fine if it were limited to "Playing Now" but in Playlists it spreads things way too wide.

I disagree -- I found this to be a VERY welcome fix.  Having the currently playing song constantly get cut off in ANY view was real annoying in my opinion.  The point of auto sizing the columns is to prevent you from having to manually change them, and this should INCLUDE the currently playing song.

Larry

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
  • Getting older every day
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2004, 04:26:09 pm »

I disagree -- I found this to be a VERY welcome fix.  Having the currently playing song constantly get cut off in ANY view was real annoying in my opinion.  The point of auto sizing the columns is to prevent you from having to manually change them, and this should INCLUDE the currently playing song.

Larry

Larry, I think he was suggesting that he would prefer if it ONLY happened in Playing Now (which, I believe, is the only place that has the bold effect), and not in playlists.
pretend this is something funny

pipsqueak

• "Actually, it's elementary, my dear Dawson!"
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2004, 04:26:30 pm »

im still having some dvd playback issues.

1) im unable to access the 'decoder properties' at any time

2) often when i move my mouse into the playing now screen the video goes black but the audio continues

my dvd settings are:

DSound Renderer
Video Renderer
AC3Filter
Overlay Mixer
Line21 Decoder
Intervideo Video Decoder
DVD Navigator
Pages: [1]   Go Up