INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 10 most wanted\needed items  (Read 4728 times)

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
10 most wanted\needed items
« on: April 17, 2004, 08:38:38 am »

10 most wanted\needed items

http://msn-cnet.com.com/4520-3423_7-1008327-1.html?part=msn-cnet&subj=re_1008327-1&tag=msn_home

My Picks are

8. Pioneer DVR-810H
Attention, quiz-show freaks: What's better than a TiVo? Give up? A TiVo with a built-in DVD recorder! Pioneer's 810H is the first truly complete TV-archiving device, offering the ability to capture your shows and effortlessly dump them to DVD for sharing and saving.

More DVRs

Check latest prices  9. Etymotic ER-6 Isolator
The headphones that come with an MP3 player--yes, even an iPod--typically deliver lousy audio quality and probably aren't very comfortable. These high-end earbuds from Etymotic (which means true to the ear) deliver big sound, and they're designed to fit like earplugs, so they block out ambient noise. At $130, the ER-6 is an investment, but it seems downright cheap next to the company's $330 ER-4P.

More headphones
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

bebop

Re:10 most wanted\needed items
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2004, 05:32:58 pm »

Those headphones look great, but are they really comfortable and just how much noise reduction do they offer?  I was looking at the Bose noise reduction phones, but these would be easier to pack around.  anyone out there own a pair of either type?   Also my pick is the Treo 600...'cause I like the idea of having everything in one place and reducing the amount of stuff I pack around with me, that's why I just love MC - it does it all!   ;D

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2004, 06:59:57 pm »

Those headphones look great

they are made like Ear Plugs, as long as they fit (normaly peole have 3 sizes of ear cannels, small, med and large)

not sure what size they are however.
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

paulr

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2004, 09:08:57 pm »

Those headphones are interesting.  I've read about ones like that before.  Only problem is, no one is going to let you try them before you buy...and I certainly wouldn't want to stick those in my ears after someone else has! :)

That Harmony remote has me drooling.  I've been wanting one of those for a while now.

jleerigby

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2004, 07:47:38 am »

What's better than a TiVo? Give up?

Sky Plus (available in the UK).  Awesome!

realShady

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2004, 10:55:48 am »

re: Headphones

These are Sony's take on noise reduction in-ear, the catchily-named "MDR-EX71"

Check them out here:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00008XYJL/202-4387959-5899852

They do take a while to get used to, as they really do sit in your ear... but after a few goes you'll forget they're there.

The bass response is amazing!! A couple of times I've had to double-check they're plugged in and I'm not deafening the neighbourhood!! ;D

Buy them now... you know you want to!!! 8)

--realShady

P.S. I work for neither Sony nor Amazon ;)

bebop

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2004, 05:27:09 pm »

Any one have any infor on the Bose noise reduction headphones?  The earbud types would be much easier to pack about, but then there's the getting the size right thing without being able to first try before you buy.  Am going to my local Sony store as well as the best music equip place here on the island...A&B Sound and check their stuff out, too.  But I'd like to get some views from users rather than people who's job it is to sell the stuff.  thanks B

realShady

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2004, 05:15:54 am »

I should have added that the Sonys come with 3 differently-sized ear fittings.

Both me and my mate find the default mid-size perfect (errr... he has his own set! :)) so I wouldn't worry too much about that.

--realShady

TimB

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2004, 05:31:28 am »

Connecting the "wanted" with the "needed" is the challenge in my house. ;)

-=Tim=-
Boy do I LOVE Media Center!!!

bebop

« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2004, 02:14:57 pm »

I hear you, Tim...but dreamin' is always allowed!  And the headphones are more of a "want" even though the rest of my family members are oft heard to complain that i have my tunes too loud!!!!!  There were no broken windows. so what's the prob??  It's OK to have your car bouncing down the street, but Mum can't blast her tunes??!!Hummmmm...kids nowadays!

Ton

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2004, 01:49:31 pm »

As for the Sony MDR-EX71's, I would advise (potential) buyers to try the smallest earbuds first. I got this tip from Coreman, one of the moderators of the MisticRiver forum and it works ! I own the Sony's for about half a year and used them with the medium buds, because I had the impression that the smaller ones were too small for my ears. The sound was rather good. However when I tried the small ones after the abovementioned tip, there was a big improvement, especially regarding the bass sound ! According to Coreman these smaller buds go deeper in your ears (of course ) and the effect is a kind of coupling to your jawbones.
Pages: [1]   Go Up