INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can MC erase a cdrw?  (Read 1329 times)

LonWar

• Citizen of the Universe
Can MC erase a cdrw?
« on: April 29, 2004, 09:08:02 pm »

If so how, I can not figure it out... And if not, Why?
-

xen-uno

• Checking your hard disk for errors...
Re:Can MC erase a cdrw?
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2004, 08:23:30 am »

Yessir...

Right click on your drive in the tree>Erase CD/DVD. In past builds, it has been very erratic depending on what the current formatting is on the RW (ie UDF). You can also start the burn procedure and somewhere in burn options, the Erase function is there.

10-27

Matthew

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2004, 02:24:37 pm »

To erase a CD-R disc simply use Nero. However, Nero will not erase closed CD-Rs

LonWar

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2004, 09:42:13 pm »

Yessir...

Right click on your drive in the tree>Erase CD/DVD. In past builds, it has been very erratic depending on what the current formatting is on the RW (ie UDF). You can also start the burn procedure and somewhere in burn options, the Erase function is there.

10-27

Found it, thanks....

To erase a CD-R disc simply use Nero. However, Nero will not erase closed CD-Rs  

No thanks, I have a few other apps that could erase it, I just wanted to do everything in MC...

-

xen-uno

• Checking your hard disk for errors...
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2004, 05:35:03 pm »

First...using B129

MC was unable to erase an RW that was written as an audio CD...in fact, the option to do so wasn't there when using the steps I outlined above. So I stuck in another RW. It erased that one fine (it was data) but there was no progress window and no notification that erase was complete until...after I burnt it as data. After that was finished and all the dialogs for it were closed, up popped "Erase Complete". It's possible that it was under the main MC window the whole time but I would think the EC message would always be on top of MC...so I think there's a timing or sequence problem here.

10-27
Pages: [1]   Go Up