INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cover art  (Read 1065 times)

recklessabandon

• Recent member
  • I want to be able to replace all my home entertain stuff with my computerPESTmusic
Cover art
« on: May 10, 2004, 06:35:33 pm »

Who decided getting the cover art for a cd was more important than getting cd info (artist/name/track names)?

Why is their NO WAY to get info (other than a picture of the cover) after the cd is ripped? Did no one expect that we may want to rip cd's while access to the internet is unavailable?

AND WHY does YADB find more covers than info files!?!!?!?
For 1 of many examples, look at GARY MOORE, "AFTER HOURS" - YADB has the cover but nothing else.  I'd be glad to submit the info, but it seems onerous. I know I have done this previously and it wasn't a pain and I know at one time MJ had an update from YADB for cd's already ripped.

SO, if MJ is getting worse as time progresses, is MC a real POS as it's more time for more designers interested in LOOKS over FUNCTION, sizzle over steak, cover art over DATA!

doug white
further

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re:Media Jukebox 8.0.400
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2004, 08:01:49 pm »

AND WHY does YADB find more covers than info files!?!!?!?

this fuction has nothing to do with YADB

Why is their NO WAY to get info (other than a picture of the cover) after the cd is ripped?

there is in MC10 it is called digital finger printing somthing that MC8 does not have.

next time check out the facts
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

recklessabandon

• Recent member
  • I want to be able to replace all my home entertain stuff with my computerPESTmusic
Re:Media Jukebox 8.0.400
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2004, 12:39:43 am »

:o
My point still stands: MJ8 facilitates getting missed cover art but not missed data. It doesn't matter if they're separate functions. It's a collection of functions that define a product. AND, MJ used to have this function. I've been with MJ since CDDB only, CDDB+YADB, and YADB only. RealJukebox (admittedly a virus) had this capability at least as early as 1998.
So, in this very important function for adults who have large collections of music and think substance is more important than skins; MJ has gone downhill.
further

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re:Cover art
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2004, 11:49:17 am »

in this very important function for adults who have large collections of music

I have 24,000+ music mp3's, i also have 34,000+ OTR mp3's

Yadb Is not perfict, it is getting better.

J river is not going back to CDDB, and the CEO said so maybe 20,000 times in the past when asked.

they have not released a 3rd party hook to the Dbase, if they did it would grow. i asked them many times to do this. it does not look like it will be since it has been like 2 years.

I am sorry your not happy with YADB, but i don't see it changing.

it takes users to enter this data, just like CDDB and FreeDB, please enter the data so others can use it.

Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA
Pages: [1]   Go Up