INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 10.0.132 Available  (Read 4729 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 10.0.132 Available
« on: May 07, 2004, 03:29:15 pm »

PLEASE USE THIS THREAD TO REPORT BUGS.  If you're not sure whether it's a bug, or you need to ask a question, please start a new thread.  

IF YOU DON'T SEE YOUR POST HERE, see the index for the board.  Posts that ask questions or start discussions will usually be moved.

The latest version of MC10 is here: ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter100132.exe

PRICE and UPGRADE info is here:
http://www.musicex.com/mediacenter/purchase.html

10.0.132 (5/7/04)

1. Fixed: Remote control commands would not be saved between sessions.

10.0.131 (5/7/04)

1. Fixed: Tagging Mode -> "New Value" dialog wouldn't auto-scroll when entering very large values.
2. Changed: DSP Studio no longer passes audio with more than 2 channels or higher than a 48 khz sample rate through Winamp DSPs. (since DFX and others crash on it)
3. Changed: Media Editor understands shift + left click, shift + home, and shift + end.
4. Fixed: In some cases, clicking "Cancel" in the Converter could cause a crash.
5. NEW: Several optimizations to the player core -- improves conversion and audio analysis performance by over 25%. (also helps playback performance)
6. Fixed: Doing a library backup immediately after removing a file from a playlist could cause the backup to not include the removal.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
Re:Media Center 10.0.132 Available
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2004, 03:31:51 pm »

1. Fixed: Remote control commands would not be saved between sessions.

Thanks!  (That must be a new record for a fast fix.)

Larry

pank2002

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2004, 03:59:31 pm »

5. NEW: Several optimizations to the player core -- improves conversion and audio analysis performance by over 25%. (also helps playback performance)

Now that sounds exceting. Yea for Matt and the other J River people! I Like speed improvement  ;D
Music is life... the rest is details.
Here is a security related website: secubi.dk

Lasse_Lus

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2004, 05:40:44 pm »

thanks matt  :) now i can tag again
MT5FR

crowfan

• Galactic Citizen
  • For every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you.
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2004, 07:32:15 pm »

MC froze on me when I cancelled ripping (I was ripping to 128K mp3). I clicked Rip CD in the AW; then I went into Options from the AWl; set the option to 128 K mp3; clicked Rip; clicked the Cancel button in the AW.

crow

Media Center Registered 10.0.132 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 2252 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 246 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1400 / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1348 (xpsp2.040109-1800) / wnaspi32.dll: 4.71 (0002) , ASPI for Win32         DLL, Copyright © 1989-2002 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: 4.71 (0002)

Ripping /   Drive D: HL-DT-STDVD-ROM GDR8160B  Mode:ModeSecure  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive E:   Mode:ModeSecure  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive D: TDK      DVDRW880N          Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:32  MaxSpeed:32  BurnProof:Yes
  Drive E: LITE-ON  LTR-40125S         Addr: 1:1:0  Speed:40  MaxSpeed:40  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None
"It's going to be a trilogy."   Robert Jordan, circa 1989

bjsolem

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2004, 10:03:26 am »

I got a media core error when trying to add a new entry in tagging mode.

Also MC disappeared when I went to another application.  The music kept playing, but the app was gone.  I restarted it and it came back exactly where I was with the song progress bar across the top continuing to move., since the music was still playing.

Clicking on a different app in the task bar and then back to MC in the taskbar makes MC disappear, and the music continues to play.  When restarting MC it comes back instantly, but you do need to restart it.

Media Center Registered 10.0.132 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows XP 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 2390 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 654 MB, Free - 281 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1400 / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1233 (xpsp2.030604-1804) / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive D: PHILIPS DVD+RW SDVD6004   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive D: PHILIPS  DVD+RW SDVD6004    Addr: 0:0:0  Speed:16  MaxSpeed:16  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: Yes /  Normalization: None

shortie

• Junior Woodchuck
  • reachin' up to touch bottom
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2004, 10:59:04 am »

Neither Shift-F10 nor the Windows context menu key work.  I'll keep posting this every few releases until you guys get it right  ;D

Seriously, I love the product and where you've gone with it.  I've been a loyal paying customer since V7 days so please don't take this as sniping ... I'm just a dyed-in-the-wool keyboard man!
Shortie

lukecro

• Junior Woodchuck
  • editorial, publishing
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2004, 11:48:47 am »

This has already been mentioned a few times in the "MC 10 has been released" area, but since I'm trying 10.0.132 I thought I should mention here that the icon tree did not seem to update with this version either. I installed 10 over 9.1, and everything is fine except that the icon tree in the upper left is still defaulting to 9.1-style. And, yes, I'm using the Thunderstorm skin.

Oh, and on a side note: although I'm super exicted by the new MC 10, I have to admit that lately it's been the free King Sparta plug-ins that elevate this product for me above and beyond the competition -- specifically the chart, bio, lyric and cover finders, the "the" remover, and the bio/lyric viewer, all of which are much more useful than the similiar options in MC (their speed and accuracy have done wonders with my 15,000-song database). If you ever integrated the SpartaSoft plugs into your program, so that it was easier for MC newbies to use 'em (instead of having to find them and then install them all one at a time), then I think you'd have an even more powerful product. Love the new build, though, regardless.

--Luke

Jonas

• World Citizen
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2004, 01:40:43 pm »

A few long-standing bugs:

For most fields, I can copy a value to the next row using copy/paste, by pressing "F2 Ctrl-C down Ctrl-V enter".  This does not work for lyrics because I cannot paste a multi-line string into an ordinary field.  The lyrics are cut off at the first line break.  Instead I have to use alt-enter to open the tag info window, and then search for the lyrics field (using the mouse, since keyboard navigation through these fields is very difficult), click the Edit button (using the mouse -- I can't find any way to do this using the keyboard at all), paste the lyrics into the new window, and select "save".  This is very annoying.

There is a bug in the way multiple files are selected in the list control.  Select a single song in the list, let's say number 4 in the list.  Now re-sort the list in a different way so that the song changes position.  The same song is still highlighted, just like it should be, even though it might now be at (say) position 10 in the list.  If I now shift-click number 12 in the list, I would expect songs 10-12 to be selected:  From the highlighted song (#10) to the one I shift-clicked (#12).  But MC selects songs 4 to 12.  Something is not updated when I change the sort order.

If I open a statistics action window (for example, File Properties / Statistics / Overview), and then change the content by right-clicking it and selecting another view ("artist/album", for example), the action window will not resize immediately to fit its new contents.  I have to switch to another action window (which minimizes the statistics action window) and then switch back.

"File | Export All Playlists..." ends in an ellipsis which generally indicates that it will open a dialog.  In fact it starts exporting all playlists immediately.

There's no way to abort exporting all playlists, and no progress bar to let you see how much more time it will take.

rolf_eigenheer

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2004, 01:53:50 pm »

Again, the database seems to be faster. This is a great improvement for me.

But with this release MC lost access to the internet.
No CD Info, no Artist Info, not even access to the Interact forum through "Help - Interact".

Any other applications still have acces to the internet, except MC
"Can not start program'http://www.musicexc.com/ ........." Error unknown."

Rolf

MusicPlayer4U

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2004, 03:46:29 pm »

Audio level dicreases when using window media engine for videos.  See Thread:

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=21312

jsweet

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2004, 06:50:32 pm »

I've been have a problem when ripping CD's in any format. When I play any songs ripped with Media Center the song sounds like it has echo. At first I though it may be my PC but I just built a new one and the only parts that were used from the old PC are the hard Drives. Everything else is new. If needed I can send a copy of the WMA file. When I rip using MS Media Player I do not have this problem. The Media Center I am using is 10.0.130 and it is a fresh install on the new PC.

sherbs

• World Citizen
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2004, 04:13:40 pm »

Can I make a suggestion?

Too often I read a bug report in the latest build thread only to discover that the person in question is actually using a previous build.

Try the latest build, if the problem is still there, post away. Otherwise, use the general forum.

Thank you.

nguyenkhoang

• Recent member
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2004, 04:20:51 pm »

Media Center crashes when I tried ripping a CD. I would get about halfway through my Diana Krall Love Scenes Track 1, then die.

My settings were on Secure rip. At first, I thought it was because I was ripping and encoding to WMA Lossless. Then I tried ripping directly to Wave. Still crashed halfway through the Track 1.

I just went back to using EAC, and everything ripped fine.

xian

• Recent member
  • Karl Marx's grave is just another communist plot
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2004, 09:10:44 am »

Crash when convert files, converting from WMA to MP3.

I have converted literally thousands of files but suddenly MC crashes when I convert - the app just vanishes entirely.
Pages: [1]   Go Up