INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Burn itunes purchases?  (Read 1219 times)

freshmanjs

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
Burn itunes purchases?
« on: May 09, 2004, 02:03:20 pm »

Hi,

I have purchased some music from the itunes store.  I successfully imported it into MC and it plays fine.  However, if I try to burn a cd with these songs, it exits the burning almost immediately and doesnt write the tracks.

Is there a way to get this to work?  

Thanks,
Freshman

TimB

• Citizen of the Universe
Re:Burn itunes purchases?
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2004, 02:51:02 pm »

Hi,

I have purchased some music from the itunes store.  I successfully imported it into MC and it plays fine.  However, if I try to burn a cd with these songs, it exits the burning almost immediately and doesnt write the tracks.

Is there a way to get this to work?  

Thanks,
Freshman
Burn to CD from iTunes (I use CD-RW for this and reuse) and rip with MC to your format of choice. :)

-=Tim=-
Boy do I LOVE Media Center!!!

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2004, 05:23:20 am »

Is there a better way around this?  It's a pain to have to rip and THEN import into MC just in case you might want to rip the songs to a CD someday.

Thanks,

Larry

TimB

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2004, 06:06:44 am »

Is there a better way around this?  It's a pain to have to rip and THEN import into MC just in case you might want to rip the songs to a CD someday.

Thanks,

Larry
I think this is linked to Apple's copyright protection isn't it?  I guess if you have the setup you could play iTunes out and record on another application's record option but that's actually harder than the rip to CD method IMHO.

If Apple did something to prevent songs being converted to MP3 or APE via CD I wouldn't purchase anymore stuff from iTunes as THIS is the reason I buy 'em in the beginning.  I don't want to be managing anymore formats with their attendant limitations.

-=Tim=-
Boy do I LOVE Media Center!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up