INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Handheld player transfer options  (Read 802 times)

dpbeatley

• Junior Woodchuck
Handheld player transfer options
« on: May 10, 2004, 07:44:37 am »

Hi all:

Is there a way to get OPTIONS for a handheld player to stay put? That is, in the TRANSFER action window, I always have to set SHOW QUEUED FILES ONLY for every transfer. MC doesn't seem to remember it from session to session. Am I missing an option somewhere and if not, can MC be changed to SAVE these settings? BTW, in the options dialog, MC DOES remember the setting to FORCE CONVERSION . . . .

Thanks,
dennis

SteveG

• Citizen of the Universe
Re:Handheld player transfer options
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2004, 09:10:15 am »

dennis,

Certainly this can be changed, but by design it seemed intuitive to have this reset to show all files by default. If not, users could forget that is checked and wonder why they don't see their files. With your player and the way you interact with it, why do you want to always have this set?

Thanks,

Steve

dpbeatley

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2004, 09:16:27 am »

Hi,
Because when I'm transferring files, it makes sense to only see the QUEUED files. Otherwise, I have to scroll to see / verify the files I'm transferring. Now, I would only want this feature when you select options from the TRANSFER action window. This should not change the behaviour of VIEWING files on the handheld outside of the transfer operation.

Thanks
dennis

SteveG

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2004, 04:49:38 pm »

dennis,

When you click on 'Show List' in the action window, could you change your view order so that the 'Status' (i.e. In Queue) is the first order so that your queued files are at the top? Again, I would like to avoid removing the default because when there used to be an option, without fail users would forget they had set it and then wonder where their files had gone.

Steve

dpbeatley

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2004, 06:46:45 pm »

Hi,
Sure, but I would hope people are smarter than that - or are they  :)

SteveG

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2004, 09:40:57 am »

No comment.  ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up