INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Handheld Transfer New Feature Req.  (Read 670 times)

dpbeatley

• Junior Woodchuck
Handheld Transfer New Feature Req.
« on: May 11, 2004, 10:02:43 am »

Hi all:

When tansferring to a handheld and MC10.x detects a duplicate file during the transfer, you are promted for an action and have the option to "apply to all". Great!

But wouldn't be neat if we had an option in the transfer "options" dialog to "pre-set" that option? This way we'll would have the ability to do an "unattented" transfer. As it stands, if MC bumps into a dup, it stalls the transfer and waits for an answer. OK for small transfers, but a pain for large (100's) of tracks.

Thanks
dennis

SteveG

• Citizen of the Universe
Re:Handheld Transfer New Feature Req.
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2004, 01:14:08 pm »

dennis,

This could be implemented, but duplicates never should get to the Nomad in the first place. When synching, if duplicates are found, the names of the duplicates are given with a suggestion to resolve the issue. It is best to resolve this on the MC side so that estimates of space are accurate for the sync and there is not the potential ambiguity of what files will end up on the player.

Steve

dpbeatley

• Junior Woodchuck
Re:Handheld Transfer New Feature Req.
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2004, 10:11:58 pm »

Hi ,
I unserstand your point but in my case the tracks are not "true" duplicates but rather different versions of the same song. For example, a demo or a "unplugged" version. So, in my case the option to "pre-set" the action is still a viable feature.

Dennis
Pages: [1]   Go Up