INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center recording echos while Ripping  (Read 863 times)

jsweet

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
Media Center recording echos while Ripping
« on: May 10, 2004, 03:49:23 pm »

I've been having a problem when ripping CD's in any format using MC10. When I play any song ripped with Media Center the song sounds like it has echo. At first I though it may be my PC but I just built a new one and the problem still exists. The only parts that were used from the old PC are the hard drives. Everything else is new.  When I rip using MS Media Player I do not have this problem. The Media Center I am using is 10.0.130 and it is a fresh install on the new PC. I see that others have reported this problem in the past but do not see where there has been any resolution.

Thanks
Joe

Omni

• Citizen of the Universe
Re:Media Center recording echos while Ripping
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2004, 03:59:43 pm »

I have no clue, but it may help to know exactly what format you are using to encode the tracks:  mp3, ape, ogg, mpc, etc.

Also, are the ripped tracks themselves faulty, or is this just a playback issue?  By that I mean can you play the files in another player and not hear an echo?

jsweet

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2004, 08:49:01 pm »

I,ve Encoded in MP3, WMA and OGG and they all have Echo. The Echo is still there even if I use Windows Media Player as the playback. In a previous post it was suggested that it is not Media Center and must be the hardware. If that is the case then I would think other ripping programs would have echo but this is not the case.

cascius

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2004, 03:53:17 pm »

What might be happening is this:

You're recording using the analog output rather than the digital one. Also, in the recorder sound settings you might have more than just cd audio enabled and you might be recording both the cd and the line out at the same time. Which could produce the echo artifact. But this is just a guess. I don't know what else it could be.

-Cascius

JohnT

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2004, 09:08:29 am »

This is very odd. Try ripping to uncompressed wave and make sure the ripping mode is "Normal" rather than secure or analog (look on the advanced ripping options page). Try playing the resultant track in both MC and WMP and see if you still hear the echo.
If it's just one CD drive model I would suspect hardware or driver software, but you've used more than one drive model correct?
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up