INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: View Scheme question...  (Read 1308 times)

EpF

• Citizen of the Universe
View Scheme question...
« on: May 12, 2004, 05:37:16 pm »

Can anyone tell me if there is a search string I can enter in the Vew Scheme search which will allow me to isolate all the mp3 files in my collection which have a particular entry in another field?  EG, all the mp3s which have 'live' in the keyword field...

Thanks.

Listening to: Sigur Rós - 'Flugufrelsarinn', from 'Ágćtis Byrjun'

rocketsauce

Re:View Scheme question...
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2004, 01:24:46 am »

Right-click on a view scheme and choose Edit View Scheme.  Click the little arrow icon that appears under the words Step 4. Choose Add Rule/Advanced/Keywords.

You could also probably enter [Keywords]=[Live] as the search string.

Rob

EpF

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2004, 09:49:51 pm »

Right-click on a view scheme and choose Edit View Scheme.  Click the little arrow icon that appears under the words Step 4. Choose Add Rule/Advanced/Keywords.

Thanks for the reply, Rob, but I'm looking for a more complex result:  I have a mix of APE and MP3 files, and I want a view scheme which returns *all* my APE files but excludes those MP3s which have the word 'archive' in the keyword field.

All my APE files have 'archive' in that field, so I need to restrict the exclusion of 'archive' files to the MP3 files...   Confusing I know, but it would be very useful to me - any suggestions?

Listening to: Spiritualized - 'I Think I'm In Love', from 'Ladies And Gentlemen We Are Floating In Space'

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2004, 11:50:07 pm »

Is this what you're looking for at all:
([File Type]=[mp3] [Keywords]=[Archive]) or ([File Type]=[ape])
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

EpF

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2004, 12:50:35 pm »

;D  YEAH!  That's the one!  Thanks a lot, Matt.  I knew it was simple, but just couldn't find the right combination...  That's great!

(Listening to: Van Morrison - 'Sweet Thing', from 'Astral Weeks')

rocketsauce

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2004, 02:38:27 pm »

Thanks for the reply, Rob, but I'm looking for a more complex result:  I have a mix of APE and MP3 files, and I want a view scheme which returns *all* my APE files but excludes those MP3s which have the word 'archive' in the keyword field.

All my APE files have 'archive' in that field, so I need to restrict the exclusion of 'archive' files to the MP3 files...   Confusing I know, but it would be very useful to me - any suggestions?

Listening to: Spiritualized - 'I Think I'm In Love', from 'Ladies And Gentlemen We Are Floating In Space'

Right-click on a view scheme and choose Edit View Scheme. Click the little arrow icon that appears under the words Step 4. Choose Add Rule/Advanced/File Type. Then choose the file type(s) you want to include or exclude.

Rob
Pages: [1]   Go Up