INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: copy MC Settings and schemes to other computer?  (Read 731 times)

lise

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
copy MC Settings and schemes to other computer?
« on: May 14, 2004, 01:33:20 pm »

I need MC to be the same on 2 machines: same view schemes, same library fields, etc.

In another post a while back, someone suggested creating a dummy library that had all the customization, and then creating a new library by cloning it. That will not work for me.

Aside:  My guess is that this has been asked before, but when I searched for "save view schemes" among other searches, nothing was displayed. Is there a problem with search? Seems to me that "save view schemes" ought to have returned something in all the boards!
A wise man once said don't count your years, but make your years count. Or was it beers?

Deivit

• I find your interest interesting...
Re:copy MC Settings and schemes to other computer?
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2004, 02:52:28 pm »

I needed exactly the same yesterday when I got my new laptop computer.

What I did was:

1.- Install MC on the second computer
2.- Back up the default library of the first computer.
3.- Restore the backup on the second computer.

All the view schemes, playlists, etc. were now on the second computer.

Then you can eventually perform an Update Library  -> Clean Up, to remove the files that do not exist on the second computer and get a clean library on the second computer but with the view schemes and playlists of the first one.

Hope it helps.
---
Listening to: 'Just Can't Last' from 'Motherland' by 'Natalie Merchant' on Media Center 10

lise

• MC Beta Team
Re:copy MC Settings and schemes to other computer?
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2004, 05:21:35 pm »

Thanks. Yes, it works. I haven't been downloading each and every update, but one of them must have included this functionality. Before, the library didn't include all this info. It's great that it works this way now!
A wise man once said don't count your years, but make your years count. Or was it beers?
Pages: [1]   Go Up