INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: CTRL+C CTRL+V to network share moves files instead of copying  (Read 679 times)

negopus

• Galactic Citizen
  • Negopus: negotium, otium et opus

I have just uploaded about 100 files on my wife's shared directoriy, by doing a CTRL+C on a playlist, then going to the share in My Computer tree, then doing CTRL+V. Besides not being able to monitor the copy progress (just a magnifier icon is shown, no progress bar or name of the file being copied... or moved..., no cancel button), at the end of the operation I found that all these files disappeared from my hard disk, and the library item pointed to the shared directory.

I had to restore the latest backup of the library, then had to move each file manually in its original directory.

There are very few certain things in today's "quantistic" (that is, non-deterministic) Windows computer. One was that CTRL+C followed by CTRL+V was meant to copy, not to move files. No longer anymore...

I am sure I did not press CTRL+X accidentally. I am rather used to keyboard operations, as I dislike using the mouse. To press CTRL+C my fingers rest in a natural position. To press CTRL+X I have to move fingers close to each other, a sensorial feedback one surely remembers.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re:CTRL+C CTRL+V to network share moves files instead of copying
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2004, 04:52:21 pm »

Make sure you have the latest MC 10.  This was changed in 10.0.127 (4/29/04).

If it still doesn't work as expected, please let us know.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up