INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help with Importing flac into the Library  (Read 751 times)

JackShade

• Change this by choosing profile
Help with Importing flac into the Library
« on: May 18, 2004, 10:26:24 am »

This looks like a great program. I'm currently looking into a MC & MusicLobby Front end for my HTPC.

My question is this: I have already ripped many of my cd's into flac using EAC --> Flac. I have installed the flac plug-in for MC and can play back flac files without any problem as long as I select File -> Open Media File... and then manually locate the Flac. The problem is that I can not Import the files using the Import Media Option. Import Media will scan through my Media directory and skip right over the flac files. In the advanced section of the Import Media Files Dialog box, I am not given the option to select flac as a media type.

I am stumped. Any thoughts on how to get MC to look for Flac?

One final note, I went back and re-ripped a cd with MC using the flac external encoder and the files were added to the Library without any problem. This may be the solution, but I'd hate to have to go back and re-rip all of my cd's just to get them added to the library. There must be a better way.

Thanks for your help!

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re:Help with Importing flac into the Library
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2004, 12:23:17 pm »

Fixed next build.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

JackShade

• Change this by choosing profile
Re:Help with Importing flac into the Library
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2004, 05:35:26 pm »

Thanks Matt,

I found a Temporary work-around. If you drag & drop the flac files from Windows Explorer into the MC main window, the files will be registered into the Library!

-JackShade
Pages: [1]   Go Up