INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Updating tags from library  (Read 1176 times)

sapnho

• Galactic Citizen
  • Leave a legacy
Updating tags from library
« on: May 20, 2004, 03:21:27 am »

I would like to store all my embedded covers art images in the Data/Cover art folder of MC. But when I highlight the files, uncheck "store image inside file", and then do "updating tags from library", only about half of the images are saved to the cover art folder. I do not get any error messages but the jpg files are simple not there.

Has anybody been struggling the same problem?

jleerigby

Re:Updating tags from library
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2004, 06:10:30 am »

Are the files read only?  Can you change other tag fields for these files and update them?

What does it say against one of these files in File Properties under 'Image file'?

Can you actually see the image in the action window?

sapnho

• Galactic Citizen
  • Leave a legacy
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2004, 11:49:15 am »

The image is perfectly embedded in the file and shows in the action window. Changing tags is also no problem. What happens is that after "Update tags from library" and the cover art finder, only a few covers will be left. Sometimes running the cover art finder several times improves results.

What I find strange is that there seems to be no pattern why sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

Maybe I should contact Russell Crowe to find a pattern...

jleerigby

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2004, 02:20:03 am »

This isn't gonna help but, just to clarify, the process I went through was:

1.  Remove tick against 'store inside...'.
2.  Update tags from library (puts covers in MC cover art directory).
3.  Run cover art finder with option to store as folder.jpg (copies covers to album folders).
4.  Remove cover art from files (scary but necessary!)
5.  Run 'Quick find in album / cover art directory.
6.  Create a view scheme with Image File as an item and work my way through troubleshooting all those that were not showing as folder.jpg.  Sometimes I actually found the artwork in MC's cover art directory so I copied over as folder.jpg.  For a handful of others I'd lost the artwork but found it again on the net.

sapnho

• Galactic Citizen
  • Leave a legacy
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2004, 02:30:44 am »

Thanks JLee, highly appreciated!

I am almost through with my 20k files now but only about 70% of the cover art worked this way. The rest was a manual process but not too time-consuming. Thanks for the tip with cover art finder - that saves a lot of time!
Pages: [1]   Go Up