INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 10.0.141 Available  (Read 2341 times)

Nikolay

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Former CTO, JRiver, Inc.
Media Center 10.0.141 Available
« on: May 24, 2004, 04:12:52 pm »

PLEASE USE THIS THREAD TO REPORT BUGS.  If you're not sure whether it's a bug, or you need to ask a question, please start a new thread.  

IF YOU DON'T SEE YOUR POST HERE, see the index for the board.  Posts that ask questions or start discussions will usually be moved.

The latest version of MC10 is here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter100141.exe

PRICE and UPGRADE info is here:
http://www.musicex.com/mediacenter/purchase.html

10.0.141 (5/24/04)
1. Changed: Animations in Wait and Import windows are now transparent.
2. Fixed: Action Window Tag Info screen didn't properly adjust its height for large fonts.
3. Fixed: Action Window File Playlists tree wasn't allowing drag-n-drop to organize the playlists.
4. Fixed: When selecting multiple files and dropping them in a playlist to reorder, the same files wouldn't always stay selected.
5. Fixed: When reordering a playlist, some advanced cases could cause a file to be moved one too few or too many slots.
6. Fixed: Starting to burn an audio CD could take longer than expected in some cases. (please let us know if you still see this)

Seviien

• World Citizen
  • SteveG for President! :)
Re:Media Center 10.0.141 Available
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2004, 06:22:46 pm »

Issue (by way of example):
Library 1 has custom field "A," which is displayed via a view scheme.
Library 2 does not have any custom fields
When switching from library 1 to library 2 and then back to library 1, custom field A will be removed from all view schemes and must be reinserted using "customize current view."

Potentially Related Issue:  I have some view schemes that show album thumbnails of full albums.  MC does not sort the album thumbnails according to the strings specified in the view scheme properties.  Instead, it seems to sort them by the fields that the tracks would be sorted if displayed via a "details view."
As a fix for the first issue, I took to reinserting the removed fields and then saving the view for all locations.  This seems to over-ride any sorting critera specified in the view scheme properties (in the tree).  Additionally, attempts to modify sorting criteria do not save.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2004, 09:36:23 am »

I have some view schemes that show album thumbnails of full albums.  MC does not sort the album thumbnails according to the strings specified in the view scheme properties.  Instead, it seems to sort them by the fields that the tracks would be sorted if displayed via a "details view."
As a fix for the first issue, I took to reinserting the removed fields and then saving the view for all locations.  This seems to over-ride any sorting critera specified in the view scheme properties (in the tree).  Additionally, attempts to modify sorting criteria do not save.

Use "Customize Current View" to specify view sorting.  Adding it as a search to the view scheme will cause anomalies like this.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Seviien

• World Citizen
  • SteveG for President! :)
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2004, 10:42:57 am »

Additionally, attempts to modify sorting criteria do not save.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2004, 11:00:48 am »

Issue (by way of example):
Library 1 has custom field "A," which is displayed via a view scheme.
Library 2 does not have any custom fields
When switching from library 1 to library 2 and then back to library 1, custom field A will be removed from all view schemes and must be reinserted using "customize current view."

View customization is stored per user, not per library, so this is expected.  This may change in a future version.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

GHammer

• MC Beta Team
  • Stereotypes are a real timesaver!
CD Burning Fast, But Not Complete
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2004, 01:51:42 pm »

I had a Playing Now of 54 selections, all MP3
I did a Send To CD or DVD and chose a CD-RW that Nero had long erased. I chose a Data CD for this and have it set to write sequence number along with the Artist and Name to keep the playlist order when burned and played.

I watched the status of the file list complete each file and close the CD.

When I play it with my CD player, there are only 37 selections. Same in Windows Explorer.

I have repeated this with different numbers of files written using both the same erased CD-RW and also with CD-Rs.

I am unable to get a complete burn.

Nero 6 does fine using the same burners.

GHammer

• MC Beta Team
  • Stereotypes are a real timesaver!
Imported After Conversion
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2004, 01:54:53 pm »

I converted some APE and APL files to MP3.
I have Move To enabled in the conversion options. I have update library disabled.

After the conversion is completed, the MP3 files are entered into the library. I would think this should not happen. If it is working as designed, then maybe there should be an additional option, do not add to library.

I have the APE/APL for permanent use and only convert to use on a portable device.

Pages: [1]   Go Up