INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Transferring Media Library  (Read 950 times)

hecaherg

• Change this by choosing profile
Transferring Media Library
« on: May 30, 2004, 10:48:04 pm »

Hi everybody. This is my first time trying to post a question, so please be patient with me. It's probably answered somewhere in here, but I tried searching and did not get any hits. If someone could help me, I'd be most appreciative. If you don't want to do it here, you may e-mail me with the answer.

I need to transfer my media library and I suppose all the data from my PC to my new PC. I guess I can download the program to my new PC, but how do I transfer the media library and the playlists, etc.?

Please help,

Hector
hecaherg@hotmail.com

jleerigby

Re:Transferring Media Library
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2004, 02:22:42 am »

Back up your library via File> Library> Back up.  On your new PC when MC is installed restore your library by pointing at the zip file that was created when you backed up.  

This process only backs up your library database (including, view schemes and playlists).  It does not back up the media files themselves.  You'll need to copy these across to your new PC.  If you place them in the same location on your new PC the MC library will see the files.  If you place them in a different location you can alter the MC library by doing a Find/replace on the File Location field and changing the path (e.g. find D:\music and replace with C:\music).

Chris Shaw

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2004, 07:43:21 am »

Don't forget to copy your cover art folder as well.

hecaherg

• Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2004, 05:57:02 pm »

Thanks guys for your help.  :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up