INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: REQ:Accessing pre-assigned tag values in panes/inline  (Read 1024 times)

NoCodeUK

• Citizen of the Universe
REQ:Accessing pre-assigned tag values in panes/inline
« on: May 27, 2004, 03:45:25 am »

Hi all at JR,

10 has shaped up very nicely.  I haven't been able to spend as much time recently due to new job commitments but have still been donwloading regularly.  After responding to smebody in the thread adding a new field I thought I would test what I ad said to them and realised it did not completely work so wondered if the functionality couold be added.  I do not imagine it as too big a tweak but then what do I know :)  Basically when setting up a new field the option is there to add predefined values to the field.  The guy wanted to set up a rating 2 field with the ratings 0-5 as the original ratings field.  I recommended he added these in as default values to the field.  Te problem lies in thefact that these predefined values are only accerssible from the drop down in the action window file properties pane.  Thy cannot be accessed when editing in the panes or inline in the file window.  My request is could this be added so that predefined values can be accessed wherever editing takes place??  Personally I prefer tagging inline so would like it available from here but the great thing with MC is that there are so many different ways to tag to uit everyone...it would be nice if they all offered the same functionality :)

Sorry for the essay.  Keep up the good work.

Adam
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

NoCodeUK

Re:REQ:Accessing pre-assigned tag values in panes/inline
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2004, 03:16:59 am »

Shameless Bump!!
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

jleerigby

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2004, 07:11:12 am »

Are you sure about this Adam?  I have a custom field called 'Duplicate' where the only allowable values are 'Play' and 'Dont Play'.  I edit these in-line all the time.

Omni

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2004, 01:11:38 pm »

If you have at least one track tagged with "Play" and at least one track tagged with "Don't Play," then of course they will show up. ;)

I think what Adam is asking for is that default values show up in the panes or in the inline selection box regardless of whether they are currently being used or not.

If this is indeed what Adam is asking for, then I image it would be a very, very low priority task for JRiver given that the user can simply manually tag a few tracks with all the defaults and make feature moot.  :P

NoCodeUK

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2004, 04:36:05 am »

Yep you guys are correct.  i had been doing this on a new field meaning it did not work.  Guess it aint that important :(

Adam
Pages: [1]   Go Up