INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC & Video Question  (Read 713 times)

ballen

• Junior Woodchuck
MC & Video Question
« on: June 02, 2004, 02:07:20 pm »

On replies to prior posts, it has been recommended that I upgrade to MC 10.  I'm currently using the latest revision of MJ 8 for music database organization.

I tried in the past to use MJ 8 as my video player for my "mpg, avi and wmv" files, but I encountered "seeking" problems.  That is while viewing these files, I like to use the forward/backward scanning feature to jump ahead/back to certain parts of the video and have the video resume playing immediately, not stall/hesitate.

"Mpg's" were the only files that would resume playing immediately.  With both "avi & wmv" files, the screen would freeze/stall/hesitate for 5-10 seconds which became irritating when you're quickly going thru a multitude of files locating a scene.  I eventually had to leave MJ as just my music database organizer and use other apps for my avi's (BSPlayer) and wmv's (Media Player Classic) where I wouldn't run into this problem.

My question is this, If I decide to upgrade to MC 10, will these problems still be encountered?

Any and all responses are greatly appreciated,

ballen

LonWar

• Citizen of the Universe
Re:MC & Video Question
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2004, 02:14:05 pm »

You have a 30 day trial for MC...

You could give it a try and if it doesn't suite you, you can reinstall MJ8...

Just remeber to back everything up...
-

ballen

• Junior Woodchuck
Re:MC & Video Question
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2004, 02:37:09 pm »

Thx imjustagamer,

Wasn't aware of this.  I suppose this helps.

Take Care,

ballen
Pages: [1]   Go Up