INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MJ 8.0.400 problems  (Read 767 times)

mguittar

• Change this by choosing profile
MJ 8.0.400 problems
« on: June 02, 2004, 10:29:29 pm »

Having problems with MJ 8.0.400. Using on PC with 800MHz AMD, 256 MB mem, TWO CDRW drives and windows XP.

Bought many months ago (prior to 8.0.400) and was very pleased with MJ. Then one day I went to rip (or burn) a CD and got the message that my 30 day trial expired. I lost regristration info so I purchased again, no big deal, it was on sale and I got the 8.0.400 upgrade. Now there are problems!

First problem was that it kept loosing my regristion info. I would restore the regristatin and it would work fine but the next time I started my PC it would again say that my 30 day trial period had expired. I unstalled MJ and re-installed it. This appeared to have fixed this problem but I was surprised to find the new install kept my old playlist and everything.

Now there is a new problem. I left the PC on all night with MJ playing a CD. The next morning found the XP 'blue screen' error and system shutdown.

Today I tried to burn a CD in one of my drives. About half way through the writing process, I went to remove the CD in the other drive and got the same 'XP blue screen error.

I have received this same error several times since I have installed MJ 8.0.4 and have YET to burn a CD sucessfully. I am about to the point of searching for another CD management program.

I am also VERY disappointen with the lack of support - other than this type. Even a 'e-mail and get back to you' would be be better than this.

What can I do?
Any suggestions?
Any similar products?
Would MC10 help?
Right now I am afraid to even try it.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re:MJ 8.0.400 problems
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2004, 05:46:25 am »

maybe it is a hardware issue like cdr or video card issue

I don't think it has anything to do with MJ
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

mguittar

• Change this by choosing profile
Re:MJ 8.0.400 problems
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2004, 07:31:16 pm »

I had no problems with same computer, same software/hardware, and the older version of MJ.

If MC10 would help, would it be possible to get my cost of MJ8 applied to MC10?
Pages: [1]   Go Up