INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tagging mode (Photos): bugs and feature requests  (Read 810 times)

CDvd

• World Citizen
Tagging mode (Photos): bugs and feature requests
« on: June 08, 2004, 04:16:57 am »

Bugs :

I've discovered some strange behaviors when tagging photos with tagging mode enabled :

It's all about the semicolon delimited list "People" tag

1. It's impossible to uncheck someone when there's a space before his name in the tag:

Let's say David and Daniel are present on a photo :
If I manually tag People to "David; Daniel" (with a space before Daniel) It will be impossible to uncheck Daniel

2. When tagging some photos (renaming tags in the view scheme), I unintentionally duplicated some names in the people tag :

"David;David"

And then, the check box in front of "David" in quick tag mode turns into a red box, and it is impossible to uncheck it.

3. The "Remove leading and trailling spaces" option of the "Clean File properties" doesn't remove any space for (example) "David; Daniel". (Which could be very usefull for the 1rst problem)

I love media center, it is extremely usefull and powerfull and i think it could be even greater :

Feature request :

1. I don't understand why the headers of view schemes cannot be easyly organised (Like headers of detailled view in playing now). When viewing on my 4000+ photos I often need to change the precedence of view items (or adding or removing them). To do so I need at least 5 clicks when only one could/should be ehough (a simple drag and drop)

2. When viewing photos in full screen I'd love to be able to change photos with the mouse wheel (Like I do when I use ACD-See, without the keybord).
A lot of programs use Ctrl+"Mouse wheel" to zoom (photoshop, office...) and it could be a more intuitive way to do things....
So... please.... an option for rebinding keys would be very usefull, It will let every one to customize the program to do things the way they like!

I will not conclude by saying usual things like "MC rocks" or "it's amazing to see how your team is responsive and listening to theirs users" because it's so obvious.. ;)

Media Center Registered 10.0.145 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows XP 5.1  (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 2391 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 256 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2600.0000 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpclient.010817-1148) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2600.0000 (xpclient.010817-1148) / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2600.0000 (xpclient.010817-1148) / wnaspi32.dll: 4.60 (1021) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-1999 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: 4.60 (1021)

Ripping /   Drive F: SAMSUNG CDRW/DVD SM-352B  Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: No /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: Yes  Soundfile:   chord.wav

Burning /  Drive F: SAMSUNG  CDRW/DVD SM-352B   Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:48  MaxSpeed:52  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: Yes /  Normalization: None
A computer without COBOL and Fortran is like a piece of chocolate cake without ketchup and mustard.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re:Tagging mode (Photos): bugs and feature requests
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2004, 06:28:33 am »

We'll fix the bugs.

And MC already supports the mouse-wheel for zooming on images, and also click-n-drag for moving around once it's zoomed in.  You may need to first click the image to give it the focus.

Thanks CDvd.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

CDvd

• World Citizen
Re:Tagging mode (Photos): bugs and feature requests
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2004, 07:15:08 am »

(To Matt)

I was certainly not clear enough, I was suggesting the following :

-to be able to map "mouse wheel up" and "mouse wheel down" to "next" and "previous" (instead of zooming). This could allow (in my opinion) a simpler, quicker and more confortable way to browse images when in full screen.

-and then use "ctrl + mouse wheel" (up or down) to be still able to zoom (in and out), which could be a more standart way (because it seems to be a windows one) for zooming.

-when using a view scheme, to change the filter's order, you have to click on a header, then re-click on the "Edit view scheme" that appeared, then click on a item and finally click on "up" or "down" buttons... -> 4 clicks (+ok = 5 clicks)
Things could be simpler if you can re-order items by simply clicking/draging/dropping an header (Ex. clicking "Places" dragging it before "People" and dropping it here).

Thanks.
David.

A computer without COBOL and Fortran is like a piece of chocolate cake without ketchup and mustard.
Pages: [1]   Go Up