INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bryan -- Theater View  (Read 1168 times)

Bryan

• World Citizen
Bryan -- Theater View
« on: June 08, 2004, 01:06:08 pm »

I don't know what you mean about an easier userface. Have you tried other player like winamp; small buttons which is impossible to read... generally to small, that is winamp's problem.  Or Foobar2k? you know how hard it is to tag in foobar ?

The easier interface I refer to is simply the one you need whilst sitting in your recliner facing the TV with a remote in hand.  No keyboard necessary or glasses needed to see how to get around.   and yes, I've tried them all and I still check them out on occasion.   They're all mostly desktop interfaces - suitable for sitting upright in front of a monitor, keyboard, and mouse.  MC still kicks butt for this application.  Winamp has some cool features and tons of plugin support but is not practical as a library manager or HTPC interface. .  Foobar is, ...well the name speaks for itself.  

Bryan

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re:Bryan -- Theater View
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2004, 01:20:27 pm »

I did a quick look at previous posts, and all I saw was a suggestion to make Theater View an overlay.  That's an interesting idea, but isn't a functional change -- just an aesthetic thing.

Could you give a list of what you think is hard to use in Theater View, and how you'd fix it?

Keep in mind that it's intentional that we don't expose really advanced stuff like making a smartlist in Theater View.

For what it's worth, the WAF (wife-acceptance-factor) of Theater View has been great for me at home.  In fact, the only thing our main TV (a projector) is hooked to is a computer running Theater View.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

IlPadrino

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2004, 03:35:37 pm »

- From Theater view it's not necessary and is somewhat annoying to encounter Standard view when going back and forth from Theater View to Full Screen.  I think we should be able to switch directly from one to the other without encountering Standard View.  Having an overlay replace Theater View, much like the current crop of Satellite receiver menus that display over top of what's playing,  would solve the 3 way toggle and retain all the Theater View menu structure/items.   And it would look cool.  Whatever is playing would be in the background, whether it be a visualization, DVD, or TV, Images, etc..

It is possible to simply toggle between Theater view and Full Screen view using the appropriate MCC command.  You can use Girder to do this, or simple use a keyboard accelerator for MC itself.  Search on INTERACT for the specifics, or if you get stuck, let me know and I'll search for you.

This should be a FAQ for the number of times it's been asked.

IlPadrino-

Chris Shaw

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2004, 05:18:12 pm »

Just use the Windows context menu key if you have a new keyboard. This switches between Theatre View and Full Screen.
Pages: [1]   Go Up