INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Artist tag behavior when dealing with multiple artists songs  (Read 1005 times)

CDvd

• World Citizen

Short question : Is there a way to have the artist tag interpreted as a semicolon delimited list?

And if I'm not clear enough :
Songs by multiple artists cannot be retreived by chosing one of the artists...

For example the song "Mr. Man" by "Alicia Keys;Jimmy Cozier" can be found only on "Alicia Keys/Jimmy Cozier" artist.

If you click on Alicia Keys (in artist field/audio media mode) you will not have the songs whith other artists. I would like the artist tag to have the same behavior than the people tag. That is to say be able to find a song by clicking on any of the artists of the song.

If it is not possible, it could be a feature request and in this case, it would be nice if multiple separators can be used, so we cannot see difference between :

"Mr. Man" by "Alicia Keys;Jimmy Cozier"
"Mr. Man" by "Alicia Keys/Jimmy Cozier"
"Mr. Man" by "Alicia Keys & Jimmy Cozier"

So any idee for the way to achieve this?

Ps : sorry for my poor english...
A computer without COBOL and Fortran is like a piece of chocolate cake without ketchup and mustard.

gbdesai

• World Citizen
  • I'm a llama!
Re:Artist tag behavior when dealing with multiple artists songs
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2004, 06:35:16 am »

I was wondering the same type of thing.  Has anyone dealt with the annoying "Feat." or multi-artists per track issue?

pank2002

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2004, 07:27:05 am »

I think ape tag should be able to deal with multiple artist. IE the song is by Alicia Keys AND by the other dude. There would be two values in the artist field. If MC can handle ape tags this way, I do not know.

What I do, is to have the albums artist, in this case Alicia Keys as the artist. I would than put the other dude, as 'feat the other dude' in the name of the song.
Music is life... the rest is details.
Here is a security related website: secubi.dk

CDvd

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2004, 01:31:13 am »

Thanks for the answer pank2002, unfortunatly MC don't seem to handle those ape tags.
Concrete example
Let's take "What kind of fool" by "Barbara Streisand; Beegees" :
Removing "Bee Gees" from artist field and putting "feat. beegees" in the name will lead to the impossibility to find this song when clicking on "Bee Gees" songs. (unless there's something I missed).

Possible solution?
I was wondering if there was a way to create a new calculated field, named Artists which is based on the classic artist one but uses a "List (semicolon delimited)" type instead of String type?

This way clicking on "Bee Gees" on Artists view will really show up all songs from Bee Gees (inluding "What kind of fool")

Does someone knows a way to do that? or have a different solution?
A computer without COBOL and Fortran is like a piece of chocolate cake without ketchup and mustard.
Pages: [1]   Go Up