INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rockford-Fosgate Omnifi DMP1 support?  (Read 902 times)

Magicland

• World Citizen
  • Gabba Gabba Hey!
Rockford-Fosgate Omnifi DMP1 support?
« on: June 11, 2004, 11:20:15 pm »

Does anyone know how well the R-F OmniFi DMP 1 (car hard-drive based MP3 player) integrates with MC10? Is it necessary to use their software, or can MC10 be used to select and transfer songs to it? I'd heard about this unit, and thought it was pretty slick, with its WiFi capabilities, etc., but figured the price would be outrageous. While googling for something similar, I found out that it wasn't that pricey (well, compared to the Sony and Pioneer hard drive head units which run $1000 and up). A bit of searching, and I've seen it for as low as $404 ($69 more for WiFi). I've currently got an Aiwa MP3 CD player in the car, but with the extremely low price of hard drives, I figured it might be time to search for something with a bit more storage and a bit more playback flexability than the antiquated CD interface (play, ff, rew, shuffle, rinse, repeat). It looks like the DMP1 will allow playback via genres, etc. (or at least via playlists). I'd love to be able to select the type of music I want to listen to in the car depending on my mood (or who else happens to be riding in the car), but I don't have an unlimited budget for car audio (heck, let's face it, I don't HAVE a budget for car audio). As long as I don't tell the wife, I might be able to swing one of these (sans Wi-fi, which would make a nice birthday present add-on:)).
I know I've seen at least one person on these forums mention they had one. How well does it integrate with MC, and what are your general impressions of it overall?
Pages: [1]   Go Up