INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Random album play?  (Read 1470 times)

grahamk

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
Random album play?
« on: June 11, 2004, 08:28:27 am »

OK, my stupid question of the month:

Is there a way to have MC play albums, from start to finish, randomly?

I'm looking, but I can't find it...

Thx,
 Graham

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re:Random album play?
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2004, 09:01:03 am »

Search Box -> Add Preset -> Limit to 5 Albums

Edit the 5 if you want a different number.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

NoCodeUK

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2004, 09:01:07 am »

You can do this with smartlists.  Basicaly set up a smartlist to randomly pick a number of track ones from various albums but add the ~a switch and this will play the whole of that album

Adam
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

jleerigby

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2004, 04:58:08 pm »

Just create this smartlist and keep repeating it whenever you want.

~limit=1,-1,[Album] ~sort=[Track #]

I use a remote so it's just one click to erase the currently playing tracks with a new random album.

grahamk

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2004, 10:51:53 am »

This is great - thanks for the replies.

One thing I have found about this software is that with few exceptions there always seems to be a way to accomplish what you want. Nice. :-)

Graham

zeltak

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2004, 11:28:07 pm »

hi guys!

the album play formula by Jlee works great, but is there a way to ad  an option to play an album according to the avrage rating in the album , that is to make a user field that calculates the avg. rating lets say 3.7 and if the avrage is above a specific number lets say 3, it will play it?

thx alot

zeltak

jleerigby

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2004, 02:45:19 am »

hi guys!

the album play formula by Jlee works great, but is there a way to ad  an option to play an album according to the avrage rating in the album , that is to make a user field that calculates the avg. rating lets say 3.7 and if the avrage is above a specific number lets say 3, it will play it?

thx alot

zeltak

No - this is one of the most asked for features but MC does not currently support this type of calculated field.  

I decided to create a custom field to tag all my favourite albums and then made a random view scheme from this.  I have a few albums where the individual tracks might not get a very high rating but I still love to listen to the album itself.  My custom field is set up to allow only values of Yes & No.  I have another view scheme that lists all albums that have not been rated - i.e. new stuff.  This system works really nicely for me.  It's a bit likle having 2 cabinets of CD's - one in the living room and the other in a spare bedroom.
Pages: [1]   Go Up