INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Transferring to Portable Device W/ External Memory  (Read 642 times)

iamjcl

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Transferring to Portable Device W/ External Memory
« on: November 13, 2002, 09:48:57 am »

I am a fairly new user w/ MJ, and so far am impressed with its capabilities.  However, A primary function for me is to allow my wife to xfer songs to her Rio S35s Portable player as painlessly as possible.  Currently, if the internal 128mb is full (or gets full during the transfer) a pop-up window states that fact, and asks if I want to use the external memory chip to store the files.  Of course I do, but I have to hit enter or click "yes", and If I start the transfer and walk away, I come back and see that it has only transferred 2 songs, and is waiting for me to answer this question.  It should have a "don't ask me this question again" check box by it or maybe I am missing another way to get arround this.
    The Portable device window is good in that it shows all files on the player, regardless of which part of memory they are in; the transfer should just put it anywhere on the player there  is room unless you specify otherwise.  You can always choose to see just what is on the External chip, or just what is on the internal memory from the view bar.  
    It would be much easier to use if you could tell the SW to put it wherever it will fit in a setup menu somewhere, and not to stop and check with you about it.  MJ 9 will do this maybe ?

- Chris
Pages: [1]   Go Up