INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Multi-user MC?  (Read 923 times)

IanG

• Citizen of the Universe
Multi-user MC?
« on: June 18, 2004, 10:46:17 am »

I'd like to catalogue pictures such that keywords return different results depending on who's using them - e.g. if I'm using it "Mum" shows my mother, if my son's using it "Mum" shows my wife.  I suppose I can use different libraries, but is there any other way I can do this?

Ian G.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re:Multi-user MC?
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2004, 11:12:04 am »

Could you just use her name (i.e. "Jane") instead?
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2004, 11:12:53 am »

And then you could make a smartlist group for each user that understood relations. (i.e. you and your son would have different Mom smartlists)
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

IanG

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2004, 12:01:26 pm »

Could you just use her name (i.e. "Jane") instead?

Of course - it was just an example.  But then my sons have friends called Jane, my wife and I both have friends called Jane and we're having to use surnames and the pick list is getting unwieldy.  

Ian G.

IanG

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2004, 12:03:13 pm »

And then you could make a smartlist group for each user that understood relations. (i.e. you and your son would have different Mom smartlists)

Sorry, I don't understand how I'd do that.

Ian G.

hit_ny

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2004, 04:51:15 am »

Ian G.

Say there are 2 smartlist groups (F10) and call them User X's pictures and another called User Y's pictures.

User X's group might contain a smartlist called Mum and in that smartlist you would use a more explicit name to find User X's Mum.

Same applies for User Y, except here the Mum smartlist would explicitly call User Y's Mum.

IanG

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2004, 08:06:58 am »

Ian G.

Say there are 2 smartlist groups (F10) and call them User X's pictures and another called User Y's pictures.

User X's group might contain a smartlist called Mum and in that smartlist you would use a more explicit name to find User X's Mum.

Same applies for User Y, except here the Mum smartlist would explicitly call User Y's Mum.

Ah, I see now - thanks!  My concern's not with selecting pictures that have been tagged, it's tagging them in the first place.  If I'm tagging my pictures, the list of people I want to select from is relatively short - unfortunately, the list includes my wife's friends and my sons' friends, so tagging takes longer as I scroll up and down and make sure I'm selecting the right name.  Add the fact that different people often use different names for the same person, and some way of "personalising" things seems a good idea.

Ian G.
Pages: [1]   Go Up