INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DSP Studio Effects & Equalizer not working...  (Read 1787 times)

DocLotus

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Retired and; Loving It!!!
DSP Studio Effects & Equalizer not working...
« on: June 17, 2004, 09:09:41 pm »

DSP Studio Effects & Equalizer are not working; none of the adjustment does anything.

Also, the volume on all music is about 10 - 15 db lower then it used to be; I had to boost the DSP Studio Replay Gain all the way to max (12db) to get the volume back.

My SoundBlaster mixer is maxed out at full gain for all the inputs.

Anyone else noticed this ?
MC... Latest version, 1 Mini PC, w/ Server.
TV... USA, ZIP 77036, Std view, Full screen, Not detached, Silicon Dust Guide, OTA, ATSC 1.
MC Audio... Realtek HD 7.1, MP3 Ext, Basic playback.
MC Control... Key, Mouse w/ G HUB.
Windows... 10 Pro, 64 bit, All MS updates.
Hardware... Beelink AMD GR5 Pro Mini PC, 16GB memory, 3 internal HDD's w/ 4.5 TB storage, 8 TB external storage.
1 SiliconDust HD HomeRun Connect Quatro, 1 SiliconDust HDHomeRun Flex Quatro, Amped Antenna w/ splitter.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re:DSP Studio Effects & Equalizer not working...
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2004, 11:48:58 am »

DSP Studio only works with files types played through MC's playback engine. (MP3, APE, etc.)

If the Peak Level isn't changing in DSP Studio, it means data isn't passing through it.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

DocLotus

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2004, 12:33:27 pm »

Hi Matt;

Yes I know that.

This is happening with WMA music file palyback.  It used to work but is not now.

The Peak Level is changing as the music plays but the DSP Studio Effects & Equalizer are doing nothing.  I have them turned on with the check box.
TV... USA, ZIP 77036, Std view, Full screen, Not detached, Silicon Dust Guide, OTA, ATSC 1.
Hardware... Beelink AMD GR5 Pro Mini PC, 16GB memory, 3 internal HDD's w/ 4.5 TB storage, 8 TB external storage.
1 SiliconDust HD HomeRun Connect Quatro, 1 SiliconDust HDHomeRun Flex Quatro, Amped Antenna w/ splitter.

Charlemagne 8

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2004, 08:59:45 pm »

I've had that problem with Soundblaster (Audigy 2) ever since I got it. Peak Level works but pretty much nothing else in DSP Studio does anything. It's not a problem unless I try to burn a CD with DSP effects on ... then MC crashes. This is true with any type of file.
That's right.
I'm cool.

DocLotus

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2004, 10:42:07 pm »

I'm using a SoundBlaster Audigy Platinum (the original not Audigy 2).

Omni

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2004, 11:07:34 pm »

Well, for what it's worth, I currently use an Audigy 2, and I have no problems with DSP Studio and the Effects and/or Equalizer plug-ins.

This isn't to say that the Audigy is not the source of the problem, mind you, only that there's hope for you if it *is* the problem.  ;D

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2004, 11:42:13 pm »

Make sure you're outputting 2 channels. (not outputting more using JRSS)

We may add 5.1 / 7.1 EQ support to MC 11.

DocLotus

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2004, 08:36:45 am »

As Charlie Brown would say...

THAT'S IT !!!

You are a life saver, Matt 8)

The 5.1 JRSS2 was the problem.

Question...

* Is there any difference between Source number of channels vis. 2 Channels (Stereo) ?  They both seem to work.

* Also, please explain the 5.1 Channels JRSS 2.0.  I have never been able to understand what it is for or when to use it.  I have a Logitech Z-680 5.1 speaker system with Surround sound plus my Creative SoundBlaster Audigy supports 5.1 but the 5.1 Channels JRSS 2.0 seems to do nothing.  What am I doing wrong ?

Thanks for you assistance. ;D

Charlemagne 8

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2004, 08:12:14 pm »

Darn.
That's right.
I'm cool.

shAf

« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2004, 10:27:57 am »

... please explain the 5.1 Channels JRSS 2.0.  I have never been able to understand what it is for or when to use it.  I have a Logitech Z-680 5.1 speaker system with Surround sound plus my Creative SoundBlaster Audigy supports 5.1 but the 5.1 Channels JRSS 2.0 seems to do nothing.  

If your SB works anything like my Revo, you would need first disable the SB's influence on surround sound, ... that is, enable the SB's pure stereo mode.  Now try MC's JRSS surround mode, and MC should now provide the signal for the SB's center & real channels.

hth  :)
cheerios from the Avalon Peninsula, Newfoundland

DocLotus

« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2004, 12:42:32 pm »

I'm already getting center & rear channels by way of the built-in hardware Dolby surround in the Logitech Z-680 speaker control box.

The funny thing is that the Audigy Mixer no longer outputs test signals to the center or rear speakers; just the left and right ones. This also happens even if I have the Audigy Mixer set for 5.1.  I am getting sound out of all 5 speakers by way of the Logitech control box.

Not really sure what is going on, I think maybe the Audigy is putting out two channel and is being converted to 5.1 by the Logitech.

DocLotus

« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2004, 12:44:47 pm »

I would still like to know...

* Is there any difference between Source number of channels vis. 2 Channels (Stereo)   They both seem to work.

* Please explain the 5.1 Channels JRSS 2.0.  I have never been able to understand what it is for or when to use it.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2004, 01:11:09 pm »

* Is there any difference between Source number of channels vis. 2 Channels (Stereo)   They both seem to work.

No. (unless the source doesn't have 2 channels)

* Please explain the 5.1 Channels JRSS 2.0.  I have never been able to understand what it is for or when to use it.

It splits 2 channel sound to 5.1.

DocLotus

« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2004, 01:17:53 pm »

Thanks Matt;

Sounds like that is what my Logitech is doing also.

negopus

• Galactic Citizen
  • Negopus: negotium, otium et opus
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2004, 01:29:23 pm »

DSP Studio only works with files types played through MC's playback engine. (MP3, APE, etc.)

If the Peak Level isn't changing in DSP Studio, it means data isn't passing through it.

It would be useful to show with a colored "lamp" whether the sound goes thru MC's playback engine or not. At times there are some compressed ADPCM WAVs that go through the default Windows soundcard (as well as some videos).

Pages: [1]   Go Up