INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: SCN Files  (Read 3288 times)

thevoyager

• Musiclover
SCN Files
« on: June 30, 2004, 09:25:47 am »

I use Media Center 9.1. In my MP3 directories suddenly all .SCN files exist. They adapt the same name as played songs. There is no readable data in the file. I don't know if Media Center creates them or maybe other programs such as Media player :(

Is there anyone out there who can help me and identify this kind of files? I want to get rid of them but it is annoying to delete them every time.

Any help out there would be much appreciated.
Thx. Peet

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re:SCN Files
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2004, 12:54:09 pm »

I'm not sure what they are, but it isn't MC.

Maybe this will help:
http://www.filext.com/detaillist.php?extdetail=SCN
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

DocLotus

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Retired and; Loving It!!!
Re:SCN Files
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2004, 01:21:23 pm »

I know...

They are Second Nature image files.

SCN = Scene files.

See the Second Nature web site for some really wonderful images...

http://www.secondnaturecd.com/

I have thousands of them.

They are a sub set of JPEG that Second Nature uses.  I believe they are used only by Second Nature but may be used by others on digital photogrphy to denote a Scene file.

The main difference between JPEG, (or JPG) & SCN files is that the SCN files can link up to a text file for artist bios & other information relating to the image file.

With each set of Second Nature files that you download (usually in sets of 20 - 24) there is one special additional file (Thumbnails.cat) with all of the artist information for the SCN files to link up to; works very well.

MC does not currently support the SCN format or extension but I wish they would.  I use ACDSee as it does see full functionally of SCN files.

As I don't really care for the artist information, I usually just use ACDSee to batch convert all of my SCN files to standard JPG files that program (including MC) can read.

Hope this helps  ;D
MC... Latest version, 1 Mini PC, w/ Server.
TV... USA, ZIP 77036, Std view, Full screen, Not detached, Silicon Dust Guide, OTA, ATSC 1.
MC Audio... Realtek HD 7.1, MP3 Ext, Basic playback.
MC Control... Key, Mouse w/ G HUB.
Windows... 10 Pro, 64 bit, All MS updates.
Hardware... Beelink AMD GR5 Pro Mini PC, 16GB memory, 3 internal HDD's w/ 4.5 TB storage, 8 TB external storage.
1 SiliconDust HD HomeRun Connect Quatro, 1 SiliconDust HDHomeRun Flex Quatro, Amped Antenna w/ splitter.
Pages: [1]   Go Up