INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: how to access ID3v2 tag "WOAF"  (Read 1247 times)

rjm

• Citizen of the Universe
how to access ID3v2 tag "WOAF"
« on: June 21, 2004, 01:27:16 pm »

I have some string data stored in the ID3v2 tag "WOAF" (also known as Official Audio File Web Page).

Is there a way to create a custom user field such that it will be populated with information from this tag?

Or is there a way to make use of an existing database field to access my WOAF tag data?

Thanks kindly in advance for your assistance.

rjm

how to access ID3v2 tags
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2004, 08:02:04 pm »

Let me rephrase the question to be more general and hopefully of more interest to the audience...

The ID3v2 standard defines 75+ tags. Is there a way to set up the MC database such that information contained in one or more of these ID3v2 tags (tags not supported by MC in the default configuration) can be extracted and made available in a MC database field?

I have read all of the MC help; and I have experimented with creating custom fields that have the same name as the ID3v2 tags without success; and I have exhausted my ideas for searching this forum for clues.

Advice would be much appreciated.

hit_ny

• nothing more to say...
Re:how to access ID3v2 tag "WOAF"
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2004, 02:39:54 am »

The ID3v2 standard defines 75+ tags. Is there a way to set up the MC database such that information contained in one or more of these ID3v2 tags (tags not supported by MC in the default configuration) can be extracted and made available in a MC database field?

Does MC even see the "WOAF" field ?

If not, i think the only way is to open those files in tagger that does and copy them over to a field that is supported by MC.

IanG

Re:how to access ID3v2 tags
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2004, 04:11:19 am »

I have read all of the MC help; and I have experimented with creating custom fields that have the same name as the ID3v2 tags without success; and I have exhausted my ideas for searching this forum for clues.

I managed to get MC to pickup the Conductor tag by creating a "Conductor" field(not TPE3!), so I guess some work and others don't.  It would be nice to see a definitive list.

Ian G.

c1c9k72

• Galactic Citizen
  • So many worlds, so much to do, so little done...
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2004, 11:33:29 am »

I asked a somewhat similar question back in March, and the short answer is that some of the ID3v2 tags can be found by Media Center, while others it's completely oblivious to.

My thread: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=19936;start=msg138960#msg138960

There is sort of a list there as to what MC recognizes.

rjm

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2004, 01:09:48 pm »

Thanks kindly to all of you for your answers.

I do not understand why the MC developers have chosen a partial solution here. I hope that a future release provides a general solution for all tags defined in the ID3v2 specification.
Pages: [1]   Go Up