INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help Needed: Burning Audio CD with CD-TEXT  (Read 785 times)

ballen

• Junior Woodchuck
Help Needed: Burning Audio CD with CD-TEXT
« on: June 28, 2004, 06:52:48 pm »

Using MC v10.0.146.  Wondered if I'm doing something wrong or my knowledge about CD-TEXT is inaccurate.

Chose "Tools/Burn CD or DVD".  Dragged my selected "ape" files from my library onto the "Burn CD or DVD" box located in the left window pane as instructed. "Options/Burn Settings" was checked off to enable CD-TEXT.  "Show list" displayed the files I wanted burned complete with their tags (ie. genre, year, rating, etc.).  Yet when the burned copy was completed and the finished CD was viewed these fields were now empty along with the missing CD cover art which was saved inside the original "ape" library files.  Artist, Album, Track Name and some other statistical fields were there though.

Am I missing something here?  I'm confused by the fact that MC's burn window showed this info prior to my burning but it wasn't transferred to the burned copy.  I'm flustered because I have a huge library of songs to be burned and it's a pain to have to input this info all over again whenever I burn from my library.

Any input would be greatly appreciated,

ballen

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re:Help Needed: Burning Audio CD with CD-TEXT
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2004, 07:10:31 pm »

Only Artist, Album (CD Title) and Track Name fields are supported in Audio CD-TEXT standard.

If you are making CDs exclusively for PC use, then you can just burn your APEs to a data CD and all information is preserved in APE tags (if tag writing is allowed in your MC options).
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

ballen

• Junior Woodchuck
Re:Help Needed: Burning Audio CD with CD-TEXT
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2004, 11:29:21 am »

Thx AlexB for clarifying for me.  Converting entire CD collection (200+) to "ape" for playlist creations to be played in either my PCs or car.  That means "audio CD".

What I was doing was playing the original CD, tagging those songs I wanted to keep and then ripping only those songs I wanted to keep.  Consequently I had to reinput said info (including cover art) back into the ripped versions.  Guess that means rip the entire CD first, tag, then remove those rips I no longer want.

Many thanks for educating me.   ;)

ballen
Pages: [1]   Go Up