INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Determining previous version of MC before last update.  (Read 939 times)

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Determining previous version of MC before last update.
« on: July 02, 2004, 08:39:11 pm »

Is there any way to figure out what the previous version of MC I had on my system before updating to 149?  149 seems to have introduced an issue with Audible files on my iPod, so I'd like to try reverting back to the previous version of MC I had on my system since I know this problem wasn't happening with that version.  Unfortunately, I can't remember how far back the previous version was.  I downloaded a few versions that I never installed, so I can't go by my downloads.  Is there some way I could find this info in my library backups, or is there some sort of log file that this information can be found in?

Thanks,

Larry

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re:Determining previous version of MC before last update.
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2004, 06:54:38 am »

If you have allowed tag writing to files and you have modified them with that previous version you may find next comment in Action Window->File Properties->File Type Info: COMM (Tool Version): 10.0.xxx  (=version used).
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2004, 05:29:19 pm »

I've expanded all the sections of the Tag Info screen, and I've checked both "show read only fields" and "show all fields," but I'm still not seeing that information anywhere.

Thanks,

Larry

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2004, 06:53:34 pm »

Action window at lower left corner. File Type Info (not Tag Info) in File Properties. I can see Tool Version in mp3, ogg, mpc and ape files.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2004, 12:44:35 am »

Thanks -- I get those two "info" screens mixed up some times.  The method you gave me is EXACTLY what I was looking for, and I was able to confirm that the previous verison had been 145 (which is what I thought) by checking some songs I ripped last week.

Note that the "file type info" does not work over Media Server -- you simply don't get any information this way.  The files need to be in the local library for "file type info" to give you this information.

Thanks again,

Larry
Pages: [1]   Go Up