INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 3 small questions  (Read 1704 times)

boadle

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
3 small questions
« on: July 05, 2004, 07:51:19 am »

Hi guys,

Let me begin by saying that I love this product, and will always be a devoted user. Everytime I want to do something, I find the developer(s) have enabled it. Saturday I wanted to take screenshots of video. Sunday I wanted to convert Wavs to Mps, and delete the Wavs. All facilitated for me!

I have three small questions regarding using MC10, and I was hoping someone would be kind enough to help me out.

• Licensing. When I start up MC10, I'm asked for my Restore file location, which I point it to. I'm then told asked do I want to upgrade using my License Code.

I've paid for MC, and I want to get rid of this message. What do I do?

• Synching. I have a very large CD collection which I have nearly finished ripping. I'm aware from previous experience how long it will take to synch this with my iPod at good quality settings. I found in the past that synching caused multiple versions of tracks to be added to the iPod. Can someone advise me the best way to only snych tracks that are new / aren't on the device?
  • Sound problems. I don't think this problem is to do with MC10, as it happens with other players, and within games. It also isn't to do with speakers, as I got a new Creative Sub at the weekend, and the problem is still there: After a short while / minutes / hours of using the PC, the sound quality deteriorates suddenly. It sounds like there is a loose connection, or something wrong with the wiring, as the sound is muffled and crackly. Generally, restarting will fix the issue for a while. Never seems to happen when I use headphones. I'm using an NVIDIA nForce sound card. Any ideas?

Thanks a million in advance,

Lewis

[/list]

Lewis Boadle
2D / 3D Artist
www.boadle.com

jleerigby

Re:3 small questions
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2004, 08:36:07 am »

1.  Look in Help / about to see if MC thinks it's registered.  Somehow it may have lost your registration details.  If it has visit the restores page to get a new .mjr file that will fix it for you.  Look for the link in the FAQ thread at the top of the forum.

2.  Check out the portable / digital players forum.

3.  Until someone comes up with a better answer make sure your soundcard drivers are up to date and do a manual windows update to see if there is any stuff available there (like Direct X).

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2004, 09:30:17 am »

I've paid for MC

you paid for MC9 or did you pay for MC10?

If you paid for MC9 you need to upgrade if you want to use MC10
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

Robert Taylor

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Living in a Smokeless Zone...
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2004, 06:37:24 pm »

Sound problems. I don't think this problem is to do with MC10, as it happens with other players, and within games. It also isn't to do with speakers, as I got a new Creative Sub at the weekend, and the problem is still there: After a short while / minutes / hours of using the PC, the sound quality deteriorates suddenly. It sounds like there is a loose connection, or something wrong with the wiring, as the sound is muffled and crackly. Generally, restarting will fix the issue for a while. Never seems to happen when I use headphones. I'm using an NVIDIA nForce sound card. Any ideas?

Do you have an Infra-Red interface active on this machine? If so, try disabling it.

or

Try changing the settings under Tools / Options / Playback - Output Mode between Wave Out and Directsound - see if it makes any difference.

Cheers
Rob

crowfan

• Galactic Citizen
  • For every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you.
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2004, 06:42:30 pm »

As far as the syncing is concerned, it will send multiple copies only if you change the tag. If the tag is exactly the same as the last time you synced, it won't send another copy. So I would recommend doing all of your ripping and tagging, then format the iPod and resync one last time.

Welcome to Interact!  :)

crow
"It's going to be a trilogy."   Robert Jordan, circa 1989
Pages: [1]   Go Up