INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Creative Audigy2ZS remote control  (Read 1007 times)

shelburt

• Recent member
  • Wot's...Uh, the Deal?
Creative Audigy2ZS remote control
« on: July 02, 2004, 11:02:32 am »

Hiya,

I've just bought a new PC  ;D My sound card is a Creative Audigy2ZS. It comes with an external audio hub and a remote control. I've managed to get the volumne control working with MC, but I've had no joy getting any of the other controls working (play, rewind next song etc).

Could you tell me whether or not MC supports my remote control device? Then I don't waste hours trying to get it working!

Oh, and just one more thing - I I noticed a tiny tiny error in one of your error messages (there's irony). When I plugged my iPod in for the the first time, it said something along the lines of: Your ipod is not initialized for MC. Select the drive letter an click on "initilaize"

As far as I can see, it's "sychronize" you should select, not "initialize."

Thanks

Shelburt
--
"From family to nation, every human group is a society of island universes" - Aldous Huxley

Roar

• Recent member
Re:Creative Audigy2ZS remote control
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2004, 10:05:36 am »

Shelburt,

if your Creative Audigy2ZS uses RemoteCenter software and RM-1000 (or similar) Remote hardware to receive commands from the remote control as do the SoundBlaster Extigy USB soundcard that I have, you should be able to control Media Center from your remote.

With RemoteCenter you can configure the keymappings for the currently controlled window with a keymap file named after the application.

On my PC the keymapping reside in this directory:
C:\Program Files\Creative\SBExtigy\RemoteCenter\Rc\KeyMap

and a new keymap file for Media Center should be called "MJFrame.key".

If this sounds like something that would work for you, I can send you my MJFrame.key file in a private message.

- Roar

shelburt

• Recent member
  • Wot's...Uh, the Deal?
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2004, 12:28:41 pm »

Hi Roar,

Thanks very much for your reply. I've checked, and unfortunately I don't seem to have RemoteCentre  :'(

Does anyone else have any ideas - I've invested a lot of time in MC and I don't want to start looking elswhere just because of one stupid little thing!

Shell
--
"From family to nation, every human group is a society of island universes" - Aldous Huxley

shelburt

• Recent member
  • Wot's...Uh, the Deal?
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2004, 08:31:03 am »

I don't suppose anyone else has any ideas? I really want to make this work. Let me know if I need to RTFM!
--
Pages: [1]   Go Up