INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problem burning audio CD from MP3's  (Read 979 times)

Steef_V.

• Junior Woodchuck
Problem burning audio CD from MP3's
« on: July 05, 2004, 05:52:46 pm »

Several times I had this problem with different tracks (and on different CD's)....

When I burn an audio CD straight from MP3 files with MC10.0.149 it happens quite often that a certain track ends normally, but BEFORE the next track starts, there is a small piece of audio from this next track at the end of the "current" track! This goes on for 2, 3, 4... tracks, and then the following tracks begin where they should.

This does not give problems when you play sequentially, but when you skip tracks these tracks are missing 1 or 2 seconds.

I hope the problem description is clear enough.... Does anybody have the same behaviour? And anybody who knows a solution? Here's my system info:

Media Center Registered 10.0.149 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows XP 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 1985 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 785 MB, Free - 526 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1400 / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1233 (xpsp2.030604-1804) / wnaspi32.dll: 4.60 (1021) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-1999 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: 4.60 (1021)

Ripping /   Drive Q: IDE     DVD-ROM 16X       Mode:ModeSecure  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive W: SONY    CD-RW  CRX175A1   Mode:ModeSecure  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive W: SONY     CD-RW  CRX175A1    Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:12  MaxSpeed:24  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: Yes /  Normalization: None

Thanks for your help....
Steef.

BullishDad

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
Re:Problem burning audio CD from MP3's
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2004, 09:34:54 pm »

Do you have "Apply Cross Fade and DSP Effects" checked?
Tools->Options->CD-Writer

If so, try the burn with the box unchecked.  

Steef_V.

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2004, 05:32:40 pm »

Thanks for your reaction. Yes.... I had the "Apply Cross Fade and DSP Effects" option enabled.
But unfortunately: NO.... Disabling this option did NOT fix the problem.

I used to burn my CD's using another progrem (Roxio's ECDC) - worked fine for me. Was just testing the burn function of MC, because it is less work (no conversion to WAV). And I like the fact that the audio is first analyzed, which results in equal volume levels between different tracks.

If I can't get it to work properly, I'll just stick to ECDC...

Will ALWAYS use  MC for the library functionality though! It keeps me well organized....

JohnT

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2004, 08:11:17 am »

Does it work ok if you uncheck the "direct decoding" option?
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

deerhunter

• World Citizen
  • self employed
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2004, 04:36:29 am »

I haven't been able to get MC to burn audio cd's either. I tried converting the mp3's to wave using MC. Then burning the disk. MC burned 14 of the 16 files and then gave an error message and quit. I took the same files and burned on Adaptec cd creator and they burned fine, no problem. MC is burning data disks fine except for my problem of keeping them in order or playing them in order. Think I have that solved now as I said in my other thread.
deerhunter
Pages: [1]   Go Up