INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tagging Video Files  (Read 902 times)

jsosow

• Recent member
  • I'm a llama!
Tagging Video Files
« on: July 11, 2004, 10:51:51 am »

I love V11 and the new features so I have been playing around alittle.  I also have Cinemar Main Lobby and DVD Lobby.  I have been playing around to see how close MC is getting to these programs so that I can only use MC.  You are very close.  It seems to be able to do almost everything that Cinemars programs can do.  I have a couple of questions though...

1.  Does MC have a way to import the information that is retrieved through programs such as DVD Profiler.  This is the way that you pull in the info for the movies that you own and want to store in your library.

2.  If there is a way to do this.  Is there a way to TAG the video file on the computer and make the tag stick to the File so that if you had to format or some other disaster struck that it would be as simple as saying "import media, video" and all of the video files would then be put back in the library and all of the Cover Art and Ratings and all would be there.  As of now this is not what happens.  What you have to do is right click on the video and say , Image, add from file and find the appropriate file that DVD Profiler pulled down for the internet.  

I know the way that cinemar does this is by Using the Export .xlm of DVD Profiler and then creating the library in DVD Lobby by importing this info.  

Can someone answer these questions.

Thanks

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re:Tagging Video Files
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2004, 08:57:23 am »

1.  Does MC have a way to import the information that is retrieved through programs such as DVD Profiler.  This is the way that you pull in the info for the movies that you own and want to store in your library.

Not currently, but it's something we're thinking about.

2.  If there is a way to do this.  Is there a way to TAG the video file on the computer and make the tag stick to the File so that if you had to format or some other disaster struck that it would be as simple as saying "import media, video" and all of the video files would then be put back in the library and all of the Cover Art and Ratings and all would be there.  As of now this is not what happens.  What you have to do is right click on the video and say , Image, add from file and find the appropriate file that DVD Profiler pulled down for the internet.

Most video formats don't have defined tagging specs. (WMV is the exception)  So a library backup (next to your videos) is the safest bet.

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up